Respected Contributor

has anyone made meatloaf with stovetop dressing? ive found several recipies calling for this ,just wondered

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam yes.  Let's just say I can cross that off my bucket list.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  That's the way I make meatloaf every single time I make it.  We think it's good!

Esteemed Contributor
What flavor of stove top do they suggest? I can see how it could work, bread crumbs and spices, but I would not want it to have a chicken or turkey flavoring.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

If it's mixed with the meat, it would work like bread crumbs and I bet you can't even taste it.  The beef flavor would overpower it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:
What flavor of stove top do they suggest? I can see how it could work, bread crumbs and spices, but I would not want it to have a chicken or turkey flavoring.

I've used both -- whichever I have on hand.  The meatloaf does not taste like chicken or turkey, just flavorful meatloaf.  

Respected Contributor

Re: stovetop.....

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam 

@kate2357

I'd use  Stove Top Savory Herbs  dressing mix if adding to a meat recipe.  No poultry flavorings added.

Stove Top Savory Herbs Stuffing Mix, 6 Oz Box

Actually, I prefer Pepperidge Farm herb dressing mix and crush up the pieces in a plastic bag before adding to recipes.

I keep a bag in an airtight container and measure out whatever amount needed......usually use it as a buttered topping for casseroles.

Pepperidge Farm - Herb Seasonsed - Classic Stuffing - Pack Of 3 12Oz Bags

Honored Contributor

I've heard of cutting a pocket in thick loin pork chops then baking them.  It seems like that would be good.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

LOVE Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  - wrote: 

I've heard of cutting a pocket in thick loin pork chops then baking them.  It seems like that would be good.

@ECBG  - I made stuffed pork chops this past Sunday, using StoveTop (Pork), very good & easy, will have to try Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing next time, sounds good!