Respected Contributor

Re: store bought chicken fried

We buy Publix fried chicken once or twice a month.  Used to fry my own once in awhile, but no longer enjoy the mess.

For a long time we did our own rotisserie chicken on our trusty Showtime  "set it and forget it" using a rip off seasoning mix, but have gotten away from that also.  Not crazy about KFC, Lee's or Popeyes.

Denise
Super Contributor

I don’t eat store fried chicken. I got food poisoning from that chicken once, and literally thought i was going to die. I ended up in the ER twice within 24 hours of eating. The chicken was the thing I had that day. Please be careful. That stuff can sit under those heat lights for a long time before you buy i
Respected Contributor

We don’t eat fried chicken that often, but when we do, it’s Popeye’s. Yum!

Valued Contributor

Confession.....I have NEVER had Popeye's chicken or Popeye's anything!  We live in W. PA and we don't have any of these franchises in our area.  Only see them when we travel South.  Guess I need to make a turn in on our next trip "down South".

Respected Contributor

I try to stay away from fried chicken. My husband won't eat it so when I have an urge, I buy 2 small pieces (drumstick or tenders) from Stop and Shop's hot food buffet and I am satisfied. I don't want 8 large pieces because I will wind up eating too much of it.
Honored Contributor

Not often, twice a year when my fast food loving sister comes for lunch or dinner.  I get Popeye's because that's what she likes and it's good, very good.  I get a dinner with the side dishes.  I'ts nice to splurge occasionally.  I haven't had KFC in many years, over 10 years.  

Respected Contributor

I don't buy fried chicken or prepare it.  I like to make roast chicken.  In our city, a grocery chain recently went out of business and the fried chicken is what people are missing the most.  It did smell yummy, but I never tried it.

Honored Contributor

Our  grocery store has exceptional cleanliness and I have gotten a piece of fried chicken there occasionally.  It was good.

Our manager where I am a stylist brought in several boxes from Publix at Christmas and it was slightly better than my store.

The best, however, hands down is Zaxbys.  I love their "zalad"  It's a tossed salad with two cut up chicken strips, fried or grilled. 

I always ask for the chicken on the side since I don't like salad dressing on meat.

Image result for zaxbys salads

Honored Contributor

I buy a Costco rotisserie chicken instead of fried chicken. The closest I get to fried is chick-fil-a. None of the fried chicken I see in grocery stores here looks appetizing at all...dried out and overly greasy. KFC is just chemicals.
Honored Contributor

Some times it's good, and others times not.  It needs to be fresh and fried in good cooking oil.