Esteemed Contributor

Re: store bought baked goods

@wagirl and @Financialgrl - I also prefer to buy smaller quantities at times, even if it doing so entails higher prices, in order to avoid wasting food. I've gotten many kindly lectures from ladies at the grocery store about buying small bags of potatoes, individual rolls, and quarts of milk, but I know that's what I'll be able to use before they expire.

Trusted Contributor

one thing i do is to make my own doughjt and freeze it so that i can     bake a loaf when ever i need to dol so. i also make rolls that way too.

Honored Contributor

Another thing I buy from bulk are my herbs and spices----those things are so incredibly pricey in their own little jars anymore--like that I already have small jars and can refill them for very few dollars and I use them up while they are still fresh---win-win for me.

Trusted Contributor

it helpsto freeze itme thatyou have ought in bulk.  i do not knowifyhou can freeze dried herbs or not.  i keep my nutmeg pods in a jar in the freezer.

Honored Contributor

I don’t even like Walmart baked goods when they are fresh, but I have found a few things on the Kroger “ we made too much!” cart. Not very often , but sometimes I will find some Goldminer sourdough DH likes.