Honored Contributor

Have had my airfryer for maybe 3 year now---and tried cooking fries in it---from real spuds--not a fan--the frozen ones were good--but tried again last night--this time I soaked them in coldwater for 20 minutes, dried them off and then seasoned them, sprayed some olive oil on them and they turned out great!!! Crispy and brown on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside----have some leftover to reheat again and prob will be even better. Had one big red spud and one russet to use up --both were fabulousMan Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: steak fries in the airfryer

@wagirl wrote:

Have had my airfryer for maybe 3 year now---and tried cooking fries in it---from real spuds--not a fan--the frozen ones were good--but tried again last night--this time I soaked them in coldwater for 20 minutes, dried them off and then seasoned them, sprayed some olive oil on them and they turned out great!!! Crispy and brown on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside----have some leftover to reheat again and prob will be even better. Had one big red spud and one russet to use up --both were fabulousMan Very Happy

@wagirl  Mine also come out very crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I either microwave the potatoes the day before or I bake them in the oven, if I'm cooking something else. I then put them in the frig for the next day. The next day, i cut each potato (2) in 4ths, season and cook in air fryer for 15 minutes @400. Then I turn and cook another 15 minutes. I love them. I would love to put evoo on the but I can't have oil.

I'm definitely going to try your way. Thanks.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

I've got to try this. It sounds delicious. 

Honored Contributor

@Coquille ---just have to say--your way is too long a process for me--am all about fast and quick---I was micro waving them first before --seems I don't need too. Only thing I will do next time is not put so many in at once--just enough for our meal than do the rest later--oh and I put smoked paprika on them too--kind of a cheat to enhance the look of that wonderful roasted.toasted color !!Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We have not made any in a while but they are good.

I bought a cheap potato cutter from the Dollar Store.

We put them in ice water in the refrigerator until we make them.

Be sure to dry well since the moisture is what keeps them from crisping up.

I spritz with coconut oil & sprinkle with salt before air frying.

Fries One Step Natural French Fry Cutter Vegetable Fruit Potato Slicer 2pk

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz --the soaking in cold water must be the key for good fries---!! Love the fry cutter tho---

Honored Contributor

The ones from Schwans air fry perfectly.