Esteemed Contributor

simple and delicious chicken & rice dish

I am not a great cook but every once in a while I get inspired and it actually turns out good, much to everyone's surprise {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. tonight I made something delicious.

I used a medium sized cast iron french oven. I lightly floured and browned 6 small to medium bone-in chicken breast halves in a combination of a couple of tablespoons each of vegetable oil and olive oil. added one 26oz container of chicken broth and brought it to a simmer. added whole baby carrots and 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped. seasoned with salt & pepper and a generous pinch of herbs de provence and let it simmer for about an hour. then I removed 2 cups of the broth ( which was pretty much all that was left after letting it cook down) and the bits of carrots and onions and used this liquid to make my rice, and added a tablespoon of butter while the rice was cooking. everything had such a deep, rich flavor and it was so easy to make.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich