Trusted Contributor

i am going to do a food demo at the library on july 21.  i am going to make uta scones and indian fry bread.  it should be tns of fn.  i love to cok and i hope that i have a huge turnout,

Honored Contributor

I love scones.  There was a small coffee shop about an hour from where I live and would try to stop at their store when in town....sadly they closed and I have not had one since.. They were soooo good.  Good Luck with your event.

Trusted Contributor

the ones i am going to make are fired not baked.  baked ones are from great britain and fried comes from the u.s.

Honored Contributor

The last Indian fry bread I had, I bought from an Indian.   We have an Indian Pueblo near us where every home has an horno for baking, also known as a bee hive oven.

https://www.indianpueblo.org/pueblo-bread-fresh-from-the-oven/

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Indian Tacos are one of my favorites.  Made with indian fry bread on the bottom, topped with chili, cheese and lettuce. 

Trusted Contributor

We stopped on the way home from Flagstaff at a stand a native man had set up for selling fry bread. His mother was selling jewelry. The bread was delicious and I got a cute beaded bracelet.

Trusted Contributor

I love scones, I never had fried scones but they sound delicious !!!

Respected Contributor
I would love a great recipe for scones. My friends and I did a hike at Vogel state park and stayed at their hotel. They had the best cranberry and cream cheese scones for breakfast, but they had so much for breakfast on their bar that it was a real treat and worth the $9.99 it cost. I'd love to be back there right now since it is so much cooler. It is just so very very not right now.
Honored Contributor

Scones are REALLY easy to make.  We make them often, but I don't have a recipe I always use--just get one off the net.  They are much like biscuits and don't overwork the dough once you combine the liquid and the dry ingredients.  There are lots of good mixes out there too, like King Arthur's and many of the ones you get at TJ Maxx and Homegoods!

They don't have to be perfectly shaped either, but don't keep well for days.  I have never heard of fried ones.  I'll take the baked ones I think.  Fried ones sound more like fritters, which hubby loves and I don't!  I'm sure he would LOVE them!  LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

@shortbreadlover

It's probably an abbreviation, but what are "uta" scones?   Thanks for enlightening me -- at least I know what Indian Fry Bread is......