Contributor

Made these this morning.... WOW!!!

4 ounces saltine crackers (a little more than a sleeve)

1 cup butter

1 cup dark brown sugar

2 cups semisweet chocolate

3/4 cups chopped pecans (i used walnuts)

preheat oven to 400 degrees

line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil then spray with cooking spray. then put crackers down in a single layer. In a saucepan combine the sugar and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over crackers and cover completely. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 - 6 minutes. Remove from oven and spread with chocolate chips, then put back in the oven for about one more minute just to melt the chips. Spread into an even layer then sprinkle with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces. (I put it into the refrigerator after about 30 minutes to help it along)

Respected Contributor

I am going to try these - yum!

Honored Contributor

Those sound great.  I have not tried the below but I did pin it from the The Pioneer Woman site.  A savory saltine to go with your sweet saltines.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/seasoned-buttery-crackers/

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@mom of sisters

I have eaten these but never made them.  Thanks for the recipe. 

Trusted Contributor

I've never eaten the salty-sweet combo in the saltine version, so I'll have to try it  The common version here uses graham crackers, cooks the pecan pieces in with the boiling syrup, and then tops them with chopped plain or almond Hershey bars.  As one of the guys at work used to say, "These will make your tongue slap your brains out."

Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

My mother used to make those, and they are excellent. What a great reminder! Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Yum!!! I have ate this before but never made any.

I also like the peanut butter balls & the ritz crakcers with peanut butter dipped in chocolate recipes. 

Honored Contributor

I have made something likes this before but used Ritz crackers.  I am going to have to try your recipe using Saltines.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Whoa....   I am definitely going to try these.

Esteemed Contributor

I have made these and they are delish! As another poster said, "thanks for the reminder"

Think I better wait till I at least one child coming home, hubby and I don't need to eat them all by ourselves! SO GOOD!