Honored Contributor

We love mac & cheese from scratch.  I didn't used to make it from scratch but I sure do now, so easy not too time consuming either.  The wait is for the cheeses to melt in the rue.  I have 2 great recipes slightly diff from each other, both are DELISH! 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

We love mac & cheese from scratch.  I didn't used to make it from scratch but I sure do now, so easy not too time consuming either.  The wait is for the cheeses to melt in the rue.  I have 2 great recipes slightly diff from each other, both are DELISH! 

@PINKdogWOOD Please share your recipes. Love mac n' cheese but only eat a little when I make it.

So far I like the Masterbuilt smoker 4 cheese mac n' cheese recipe the best which you can make in the smoker or oven. 

Regular Contributor
 This might be the reipe you are looking for

Rice Cooker Mac & Cheese

Ingredients
    • 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
    • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or 1 1/2 cups water and a good-quality chicken bouillon cubes
    • 1 cup heavy cream
    • 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
    • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt ( to taste)
    • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
    • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions
  1. Combine macaroni, broth and cream in Rice Cooker, press cook and stir occasionally.
  2. When machine switches to keep warm, add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly until all cheese is melted.
  3. Press Cook again. The Rice Cooker will switch to keep warm after just a few minutes; this is the point where the cheese on the bottom turns that delicious brown. Serve.
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz  TGIF!  I'm back with my fav mac-n-cheese recipe.  If you and yours love mac-n-cheese, make this one and see if you don't run back for more.

When I was growing up dinner on Friday meant only one thing - it was fish night with Mrs Paul's fish sticks. 

Oh my, there I said it, I own it!  Anyway, I love fish but I guarantee we do not eat Mrs. P's.

Mac-N-Cheese:

I prep by cutting up my cheeses - I use fontinella, havrati, and it calls for cream cheese.  I also have the milk measured out & flour. 

4 Tbsp butter melted in (large) saucepan. Stir in 3 Tbsp flour, stir to smooth. Gradually add in 2 cups milk. 

Recipe calls for 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (see note above on what I use;mine are whites cheeses btw).

Add to the milk 8 oz cream cheese and 2 cups of cheddar.

Add 2 tsps dijon mustard or spicy brown. I've tried both=good

Stir until all cheeses are melted.  Cream cheese takes a little longer but it'll finish in the oven.

Cook your fav pasta for number of diners. Drain and put into a casserole dish. Be sure to (spray) coat to prevent stickage. 

Pour cheese over pasta, stir. Top w/bread crumbs if you wish (crushed chips works too).

I have 2 recipes very similar - both call for sprinkling of parsley, one calls for dashes of hot sauce in addition to diced hot pepper.  I like the hot sauce, I also add parsley.  I will lightly salt to taste, always add pepper, and I toss in a few of my fav spices. I've added chives too. 

Put in preheated oven to 400degrees. Heat through 15-20 or so.

We love this recipe, your own variations are the best too.  Choose your own cheeses.  There is just the two of us, the only thing I pare down is the amt of pasta, though there is always leftovers!  I hope you enjoy this as your next batch of mac-n-cheese!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Nightowlz  TGIF!  I'm back with my fav mac-n-cheese recipe.  If you and yours love mac-n-cheese, make this one and see if you don't run back for more.

When I was growing up dinner on Friday meant only one thing - it was fish night with Mrs Paul's fish sticks. 

Oh my, there I said it, I own it!  Anyway, I love fish but I guarantee we do not eat Mrs. P's.

Mac-N-Cheese:

I prep by cutting up my cheeses - I use fontinella, havrati, and it calls for cream cheese.  I also have the milk measured out & flour. 

4 Tbsp butter melted in (large) saucepan. Stir in 3 Tbsp flour, stir to smooth. Gradually add in 2 cups milk. 

Recipe calls for 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (see note above on what I use;mine are whites cheeses btw).

Add to the milk 8 oz cream cheese and 2 cups of cheddar.

Add 2 tsps dijon mustard or spicy brown. I've tried both=good

Stir until all cheeses are melted.  Cream cheese takes a little longer but it'll finish in the oven.

Cook your fav pasta for number of diners. Drain and put into a casserole dish. Be sure to (spray) coat to prevent stickage. 

Pour cheese over pasta, stir. Top w/bread crumbs if you wish (crushed chips works too).

I have 2 recipes very similar - both call for sprinkling of parsley, one calls for dashes of hot sauce in addition to diced hot pepper.  I like the hot sauce, I also add parsley.  I will lightly salt to taste, always add pepper, and I toss in a few of my fav spices. I've added chives too. 

Put in preheated oven to 400degrees. Heat through 15-20 or so.

We love this recipe, your own variations are the best too.  Choose your own cheeses.  There is just the two of us, the only thing I pare down is the amt of pasta, though there is always leftovers!  I hope you enjoy this as your next batch of mac-n-cheese!

@PINKdogWOOD Thanks for sharing your recipe.  I have printed it out to add to my recipes. It sounds yummy.

Esteemed Contributor

So did I.  Even halved the amounts as I separated the ingredients.  Thanks.