Occasional Contributor

where are the recipe books for toaster ovens ? I have a Breville and I need SIMPLE recipes for muffins , breads , cupcakes , cookies , etc. that fit in a breville or toaster oven .and I mean SIMPLE recipes , 

I am dyslexic so please do not tell me to just adjust regular recipes .

in this day of high grocery prices , people are just not able to go out and buy all the many ingredients that are in so many recipe books , 

Honored Contributor

Re: recipes for toaster ovens

You can cook any food in your oven, you don't need special recipes.  Probably the easiest thing would be to use something like a muffin or cake mix.  There are literally thousands of recipes on the internet in all degrees of simplicity.  You might try recipes for children or beginner cooks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@nyrose18  There are many, many toaster oven cookbooks available online. With dyslexia, will you be able to read them?

Have you acquired some cookware that fits your oven? Muffin pans, cookie sheets, meat loaf pan, etc. Knowing the capacity of your cookware is required to minimize ingredient waste. You also need correct interior measurements of your oven.

Breville makes a great toaster oven. You will enjoy using it, but you've got to get through some math first. There's no way around it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of the 'baking' mixes are available in smaller sizes.  Regular ones can be halved and saved. 

Easier than recipes!

I use my oven once a year to bake a pumpkin pie!

Breville does everything else, I use it daily!

Occasional Contributor

able to read them ? really ? 

and I am asking for QVC to do a cook/baking book for toaster ovens . 

Occasional Contributor

I have been baking and cooking for 50 years . recipe books for beginners ? really ??

all I was asking for is a baking cookbook for toaster ovens , that is all .

I have owned a Breville for 15 years , I would just like a real recipe book for it . 

Respected Contributor

@nyrose18  I didn't mean to offend you, but to come up with a suggestion I needed to know the extent of your disability. 

You will find thousands of toaster oven cookbooks online. Did you know that Goodwill now lists all of their books available online -- and with reasonable shipping charges? Also Amazon has listings for used books, usually with a $3.99 shipping charge.

I agree with you completely about recipes with many ingredients that I rarely use. Sometimes I'll try them; sometimes I can't be bothered.

Again, my apologies. But I'm glad there is a simple solution available for you.

Honored Contributor

@nyrose18 wrote:

able to read them ? really ? 

and I am asking for QVC to do a cook/baking book for toaster ovens . 

@nyrose18 

Sorry, but that was not clear in your opening post at all...that you were asking QVC to carry them!

Nothing in your post says that you would like QVC to carry recipe books for your Breville.

Valued Contributor

I haven't used my big oven in years, I actually use it to keep my skillets and baking sheets in.  I use my Large Breville oven instead, it is an actual smart oven not a toaster oven.   Love that a 9x13 casserole pan fits in perfectly.  Just buy pans that will fit, a 1/4 sheet pan fits in the large Breville perfectly.  Cook like you always have, no special recipes needed.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@Chicagoan ---- I am doing the exact thing!! have a Breville oven and use my big oven for storage---but mine is not big enough for a 9 x 13. My big oven was taking 22 minutes to pre heat--little breville takes 2-3 minutes!!!

OP----just cut your normal recipes in half and use the smaller bakeware for the size of your oven----is the same temp and maybe a little  less time. No need for special recipes.