1/4 cwild rice

1/14 orzo pasta

1/2 c long grain rice

1/2 diced celery

1//2 c dice inion

2 T butter

1 package lipton dry noodle soup mix

2 1/2c water or no soduim chicken broth

cook celery aand onion in butter until tender .  add rice and pasta and cook until all are lightly toasted.  add soup mix and water.  cook covered over meduim heat for 15 minutes.  remove from heat and let sdtand for 2 5 minutes covered.

i also sometimes add cooked mushrooms top this.  i cvook them the same asfor the celery.

Trusted Contributor

i am  recovering from eye surgery.  please overl ook my typing mistakes.

Trusted Contributor

that  is the dry lipton chiicken noodle soup mix.  also you can use all white rice ifif you don't like wild rice but i think it adds a really good  taste to thisrecipe.

Respected Contributor

Re: recipe for rice pilaf

[ Edited ]

@shortbreadlover   Thank you posting this.  I had two recipes like this many years back and misplaced them.  One, like yours, used the dry soup mix and the other used a can of Campbell's chicken broth.

Never though of using wild rice for part of this--what a great idea.  Also the mushrooms would be excellent, as well.

And no worries about any typing issues--quite understandable given your eye troubles.  Keep sharing with us and hope you will improve a little each day.  Have patience.

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much, @shortbreadlover. This sounds soooooo good. I'm looking for recipes like this as I want to start making more rice dishes. Thanks again!!! 

Valued Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

1/4 cwild rice

1/14 orzo pasta

1/2 c long grain rice

1/2 diced celery

1//2 c dice inion

2 T butter

1 package lipton dry noodle soup mix

2 1/2c water or no soduim chicken broth

cook celery aand onion in butter until tender .  add rice and pasta and cook until all are lightly toasted.  add soup mix and water.  cook covered over meduim heat for 15 minutes.  remove from heat and let sdtand for 2 5 minutes covered.

i also sometimes add cooked mushrooms top this.  i cvook them the same asfor the celery.

WAY too much sodium, and it also has MSG.

Respected Contributor

When I usd to make pilaf, I grated the mushrooms and sautéed them with the onions in butter.  Then stirred in rice and then added beef broth and baked for 45 minutes covered until all liquid was absorbed.

Was excellent as a left over......so I always made extra !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

i hope that you like it.  i make my own chikcen broth from boiled chicken and i do not add anything to the broth so it is pure chicken broth.  

i know that i have made this recipe for friends and they all like it and never said anything about the salt  or msg.   ihadnever really thought about msg in the soup mix

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover 

This sounds really delicious and easy.

Thank you for posting your recipe!

Trusted Contributor

it is really easy and makes a great side dish for when you reallydon't want to cook