Honored Contributor

Re: ready to explode, so frustrated over hard boiled eggs

We do a lot of hard boiled eggs, or at least very often.  So, we buy a lot eggs so they can age some.  But allowing them to cook and time to cool, very important.  Bet you know that though.  So maybe the older eggs part would have been needed.  

does your grocery store put up some of those trays?

and I would have given my daughter the job of dishes.  She could help, esp if you you two are doing bread for her, at least at her request. JMHO

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

When I have to make hard boiled eggs, I do not use ones I just purchased that day or the day before. Fresh eggs are impossible to peel.  Older eggs peel like a charm.   

FYI, I have been cooking hard "boiled" eggs in my air fryer.  No water, no mes and very easy.

Never thought of that.  Please share how you do that.  My husband could do it. That would be great!

Honored Contributor

this has prob been said---the fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel. when I do deviled eggs--rarely if ever, any more--I let my eggs sit for about a week and then hard boil them. Peel comes right off. also I use an egg cooker that hard boils them in 8 minutes, then I bath them it ice cold water til they are cold and then peel--that seems to work too. I have an Instant Pot that I need to try cooking them in.