Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

The sauce sounds delicious. Do you spread it on the fish after cooking it?  I've seen recipes where you spread the sauce on the fish or chicken before cooking.  Maybe the sauce is supposed to kill the fishy taste.  

Sorry, @50Mickey , I didn't mean to ignore you, just forgot to answer your question. That is a good point about the Dill Sauce maybe masking the 'fishy' taste.  In reviews of the recipe, one woman did say she ladled some sauce onto the salmon prior to baking, then added more at the table.  Claimed her family declared it the best she had ever made.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

Is it indicative of the quality of the fish or of the cooking?  Threw away half of tonight's salmon fillet.    😢

@IamMrsG I cannot get past the smell of salmon.  I've tried a few times and I can't get the fork in my mouth.  

I don't care who makes it or who tells me "but you would like mine, I make it good" I'm not eating it.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fish lover.  There are a few I will eat.  Living near Lake Erie, I will always eat LE perch and white cod sandwiches when Wendy's has them.  Gorton's fish sticks are okay, too, but I guess you couldn't really call that fish as in a whole fish.

When I was young, smelt were always available and I loved them.  You never see them anymore.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3   When I was younger, I used to think the only good reason to eat fish was for the tartar sauce.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Patriot3   When I was younger, I used to think the only good reason to eat fish was for the tartar sauce.  

@IamMrsG Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

If the fish is a bit fishy, I soak it in milk, preferably over night while refrigerated.. When I defrost frozen fish, I will soak it in milk also over night,while it is refrigerated .

Milk can be whole or non fat. doesn't matter.