Honored Contributor

Re: "The Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever"

@Mom2Dogs

Yes! Do it! Your forum friends will be here to hold your hand!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  Those look so good. I love carrot cake too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My SIL makes these cinnamon rolls that use frozen bread dough.  They aren't quite as tasty as yeasted rolls, but they'll do if time is an issue:

1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed

3 tbsp melted butter

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp water

1/3 cup heavy cream

2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar

2 tbsp milk

1/8 tsp vanilla

Roll dough into 6x18" rectangle.  Brush with melted butter.  Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts in bowl and sprinkle over buttered dough.  Roll dough into a log, starting at long side.  Moisten outer seam with water and seal.  Cut into 20 slices, arrange cut-side down in 2 round cake pans greased with butter.  Cover with towel and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about an hour and a half.

Pour cream over dough.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.  

Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in bowl and drizzle over warm rolls (She doubles the glaze ingredient amounts because her kids like lots of icing).

Esteemed Contributor

OMG - those cinnamon rolls make me drool. I have never made anything with yeast and don't have a stand mixer, so all I can do is drool and tell you that your cinnamon rolls must be awesome!

Honored Contributor

Cinnamon Rolls are my favorite, I will have to make those.

Valued Contributor

thanks for posting . These look great.

Trusted Contributor

The cream cheese frosting really sets them apart from other cinnamon rolls.  They look decadent.  I'm going to make these.  Thank you for the recipe.

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs, those rolls do look great, but I have a great suggestion that I plan to try..I don’t have dough hooks for my mixer.

instead of making the dough, buy a loaf of Rhodes frozen bread dough, let it thaw out, then proceed with the rest of the recipe as posted..

thanks to house_cat for the recipe! 

Honored Contributor

@Evie2004, that is a good idea.  I have to give that recipe a try.

Honored Contributor

@Evie2004

I have no doubt that using the bread dough would still produce something yummy, but these rolls did not at all have a bread-like texture.  They were extremely light and airy. I think "rolls" is the wrong name for them.

~ house cat ~