Respected Contributor

"Shrimp Orzo with Feta"

[ Edited ]

This is a favorite of ours,  and a very tasty recipe.

http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/shrimp-orzo-with-feta/23537

Shrimp Orzo with Feta  - Serves 4 

(You could adjust the recipe to fit to your own serving needs just use a vessel large enough to hold the larger portion of ingredients.).

Different vegetables may also be added to this recipe, and they too are delicious.

Ready in 1 hour

Top-ranked recipe named "Shrimp Orzo with Feta"

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups whole wheat orzo pasta; uncooked
2 cloves garlic; minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium tomatoes; chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/4 lbs large shrimp; uncooked, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro; minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup feta cheese; crumbled

Preparation:

Cook orzo according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.

Drain orzo. Add the orzo, cilantro and pepper to the shrimp mixture; heat through.

Sprinkle with feta cheese.

Trusted Contributor

Yum! Looks like a good recipe to be served hot or cold. Thank you for sharing!

Respected Contributor

You're very welcome Vamp.

Great as a side dish with whatever you desire, or as a meal in itself, and the recipe can be adjusted according to how many people are being served, and whether it will be served as a side dish, or a complete meal it itself.

It is delicious either served hot, cold, or at room temperature.......Enjoy itSmiley Happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you adore!  This is right up my alley and I have everything on hand except for the lemon.  Who runs out of lemons!

Thanks again!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

You're very welcome honny.........and in a pinch you could use bottled lemon juice.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks adore!

I actually found two lemons in the back of the crisper under the cilantro and basil.

I'm making this dish for lunch today!

Respected Contributor

Honny,

YAY you found more lemons!

Please if you can  Honny, do let me know if you liked itSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

I have a similar recipe that I got eons ago from 'Cooking Light Magazine'.   It is so very good.  

The only differences that come to mind, without looking at my recipe, is that mine also has artichoke hearts in it and IIRC you do most of the cooking in one of those 'cooking bags'.     It's a stunning recipe and I've enjoyed it for years.

Esteemed Contributor

I made this over the weekend.  DH said "You haven't made this in a while!" before he devoured it.  I'm lucky I made my small plate first.  It was light and delicious!

Chickenb, I think I've made the Cooking Light one in the past.  I go there for most of my recipes and that one is right up my alley!

Respected Contributor

Re: "Shrimp Orzo with Feta"

[ Edited ]

Thanks Honny & Hubby,

I am really glad you and hubby liked my posted Shrimp Orzo with Feta recipe, which we and others also enjoy.

Yes Honny the recipe I posted is quite light and delicious, and I agree with what you and your Hubby said, when you both enjoyed it.

I also agree that there is absolutely nothing in the ingredients which would make anyone believe this recipe I posted is a heavy tasting recipe......It is not......it is light, delicious, and has many healthy ingredients also listed.

My posted recipe is definitely not a heavy recipe at all, and any type of veggies can be added to it, as I also noted above, within the context of my posted recipe.  

I thank you and your hubby for your lovely feedback Honny, and will post other recipes for you to all enjoy.

Please do try the Daisy Cooks Chiles Rellenos Latino type recipe I posted earlier today. That too is also a keeper Honny!

(BTW  I am making that for a late luncheon for company).

Take care my friend, and have a lovely weekSmiley Happy.