Honored Contributor

"Remember the comercial about "flaming turkey wings", by the time you get to the end of the turkey.

We'll now be on day 3, of finishing up the turkey day left overs. Holy smokes, I like turkey, but for sure it won't be what we'll have for Christmas. Now I don't want ham either. I'm burned out on eating I think. LOL.

We'll see, not sure what I'll want to make this year. I need a new menu. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: "Remember the comercial about "flaming turkey wings", by the time you get to the

We always have a standing rib roast (prime rib) on Christmas day. Delicious.With roasted potatoes and grilled brussel sprouts, a salad. We actually cook it on our rotisserie so the outside gets crispy and the interior is just pink at the very center. Way way better than turkey or ham - though I love a good ham. For dessert we will have a chocolate cake with peppermint icing and vanilla ice cream. The wine for dinner will be lambrusco from the Lake Erie area of New York. And our cordial with dessert will be Goldschlager.I can't wait - makes my mouth water to think of it.

Super Contributor

Re: "Remember the comercial about "flaming turkey wings", by the time you get to the

I agree too, I am so sick of eating and feel bloated! I dont want to make the same dinner on Christmas either. I dont want turkey or ham, The roast does sound good.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We always have ,lasagna.make a day ahead ,nice salad,no cleanup and holiday  paper plates  <3

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

We always have ,lasagna.make a day ahead ,no cleanup and holiday plates  <3

That's what I really would like this year. I'll bet I haven't had lasagna in over a year. I think it's time!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

We always have a standing rib roast (prime rib) on Christmas day. Delicious.With roasted potatoes and grilled brussel sprouts, a salad. We actually cook it on our rotisserie so the outside gets crispy and the interior is just pink at the very center. Way way better than turkey or ham - though I love a good ham. For dessert we will have a chocolate cake with peppermint icing and vanilla ice cream. The wine for dinner will be lambrusco from the Lake Erie area of New York. And our cordial with dessert will be Goldschlager.I can't wait - makes my mouth water to think of it.

What time did you want us there? LOL That sounds really good.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma My Mom always made lasagna for Christmas dinner and home made Italian bread and butter and salad. If someone served me lasagna on Christmas I know I would burst out crying.

Honored Contributor

We're doing grilled salmon and twice baked potatoes for Christmas!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@151949 wrote:

What time did you want us there? LOL That sounds really good.

@qualitygal,I tried prime rib and everyone wanted the outside piece (I just love beef.  End of story.).  I had to change to grilling ribeyes!  This year salmon because my sister is coming and she can't eat beef.

Respected Contributor

I loved that commercial. They should bring it back. We have standing rib roast for Christmas because I think the bones make it tastier than boneless prime rib. I get tired of turkey, and to me a ham just isn't special enough for the holiday. I am looking for some fresh side dish ideas. I usually do simple potatoes (  o'brien potato casserole or au gratins), German red cabbage with apples, sautéd mushrooms, creamed fresh onions,  and another veggie, such as broccoli ir Brussels sprouts. Kinda boring.