Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou

Google Hungarian Lecso   I saw something that looked like what you described on a web page called itshungarian.com

New Contributor

I don't post much (so not really familiar with the format here) but I copy & pasted this for you.

I found it online and thought it might be similar (?)

Ingredients

• 3/4 pound yellow banana peppers or yellow bell peppers
  • 1 yellow Hungarian wax pepper (4 oz.) or 2 yellow Fresno chilies (also called Santa Fe Grande or wax; 2 oz. total)
  • 2 firm-ripe tomatoes (1/2 lb. total)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion (6 oz.), finely chopped
  • 8 large eggs
  • About 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • About 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Step 1

Stem and seed yellow banana and Hungarian peppers (or chilies). Cut banana peppers into 1/2-inch squares. Finely chop Hungarian pepper.

Step 2

Rinse tomatoes, core, and cut in half crosswise. Gently squeeze out and discard seeds and juice; coarsely chop tomatoes.

Step 3

In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, combine oil, onion, all the peppers, and half the tomatoes. Stir often until vegetables are tinged with brown and all liquid evaporates, 7 to 9 minutes.

Step 4

Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs to blend with 2 tablespoons water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.

Step 5

Add egg mixture to vegetables and reduce heat to medium-low. With a wide spatula, lift cooked portion of eggs to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath until eggs are softly set, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to plates. Garnish with remaining tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.