Respected Contributor

"Casserole" shaped slow cooker recipe help.

I purchaced  this last week. Any one know any good easy recipies?  I tried to make somethng up and it was a desaster lol

DP0127201517023455M.jpg

QVC Customer Care

Re: "Casserole" shaped slow cooker recipe help.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I purchaced  this last week. Any one know any good easy recipies?  I tried to make somethng up and it was a desaster lol

DP0127201517023455M.jpg

@kcladyz I don't know if this is what you would be looking for but this is from the Crock Pot site with recipes specific to casserole type dishes:

http://www.crock-pot.com/slowcooker-recipes#?tags=casseroles

Respected Contributor

I believe I looked at this model several months ago when I first became aware of it.  If it is a shallow approximately 9 X 13" rectangle with slow cooker features I think all you need to do is downsize your slow cooker recipes from a larger, say four or six quart capacity, to have the recipes come out correctly.

Of course, with anything new, you need to experiment.  You can find conversion charts for adapting slow cooker recipes from larger to smaller units.  There are several sites, and two or three cookboks that list the conversions from large to smaller and any adjustments that need to be made to have the recipe come out successful.

Good luck, and have fun.  I was tempted to buy one but didn't because I have a perfectly good six quart one (even though I only usually cooke for two) because I like having leftovers and I have a Cooks Essential electronic pressure cooker--7 quart--that I absolutely love even more and use much more often than a slow cooker.

Good luck experimenting--you will be a pro in no time flat.

Aroc34