Regular Contributor

Just received Meredith Laurence's "Fast Favorites Under Pressure" cookbook.  Did I dream it up on Sunday when she showed a meatloaf recipe and David raved about it??

I would like to know what page this recipe is on, as I cannot find it.

Respected Contributor

Re: pressure cooker meatloaf

Was that meatloaf recipe in the booklet that comes with the 4-quart pressure cooker?  Why don't you just email Meredith & just ask her about it?

Regular Contributor

I have another 4 qt. that Bob Worden sold. I took it for granted that because she showed the meatloaf that the recipe would be in her latest book. 

Thank you for trying to help.

Super Contributor

This is the recipe that came with the 4qt. microwave pressure cooker.  I've made it and my family likes it.  I just use all ground beef.

Mama's Meatloaf

Ingredients 2 pounds (900 g) mixed ground pork, ground veal and ground beef 1 medium onion, diced 1 small clove of garlic, minced 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten ½ cup (120 mL) tomato ketchup 1 tablespoon steak sauce ½ cup (75 g) dried or Panko breadcrumbs 1 teaspoon onion powder salt and pepper, to taste ½ cup (120 mL) chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish Sauce: 1 14.5-ounce (411 g) can crushed tomatoes 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon honey

Directions 1. Combine the first ten ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf just long enough to fit into the Microwave Pressure Cooker. Using a knife, score the top of the loaf in a diagonal pattern with ½-inch (1 cm) cuts. Place the meatloaf into the Microwave Pressure Cooker. 2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour the sauce over the meatloaf. 3. Place the lid on the Microwave Pressure Cooker and lock into the closed position. 4. Cook the meatloaf on HIGH for 25 minutes. 5. When the time is up, let the pressure come down naturally by leaving the lid on the cooker until the white pressure indicator has dropped. 6. Allow the meatloaf to rest for a few more minutes and then transfer the meatloaf to a serving platter. Slice the meatloaf and drizzle the sauce over the slices. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve. Serves 4 to 6 Ingredients 2 pounds (900 g) mixed ground pork, ground veal and ground beef 1 medium onion, diced 1 small clove of garlic, minced 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten ½ cup (120 mL) tomato ketchup 1 tablespoon steak sauce ½ cup (75 g) dried or Panko breadcrumbs 1 teaspoon onion powder salt and pepper, to taste ½ cup (120 mL) chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish Sauce: 1 14.5-ounce (411 g) can crushed tomatoes 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 1