Respected Contributor

ive asked this question efore,but dont think i got a response.what is pot stickers?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: pot stickers

[ Edited ]

dumplings are both doughs on the outside and vegetable or meat filling on the inside. Potstickers are just a slight twist on what most people think of dumplings – that they're crispy on the outside due to how they're cooked.

Honored Contributor
A filled Chinese dumpling, typically crescent-shaped, especially one that is pan-fried until brown on one side, then turned and simmered in a small amount of broth.

I love potstickers, and the ones from QVC are very good.
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

In my world they are called gyoza. My mom, who was from Japan, use to make them from scratch. Delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: pot stickers

[ Edited ]

Another  dough meat/ veggie filled food item. Every culture has their take on a  dough  filled with meat/vegetable. Pot stickers typically have  garlic, ginger, thai basil or cilantro added

Valued Contributor

@Sillee Mee - I love gyoza and we always ordered both gyoza and shumai when we went out for Japanese food.  What is the difference between them? TIA

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam My Kroger carries a delicious brand of frozen pot stickers by Ling. They come with a dipping sauce.

A dumpling filled with cabbage & chicken (Sort of like a pizza roll).

Just don't over eat them. All that cabbage, you know.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

well,how do you prepare them.oven?boil them?

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

well,how do you prepare them.oven?boil them?

@Luvsmyfam 

Have you looked online before for recipes?  You'll see many ways of preparation including pan fried, steamed, air fried, they can also be put in soup too.

If you do that you'll also see what they look like.