Honored Contributor

Re: plain white sugar vs golden sugar

If you are one of the anti-food-waste people, don't take it back, they will have to throw it out.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@lovemybichonfrise wrote:

My husband picked this up also by mistake (he hates to read labels).  I am using it but found it not to be as "sweet" tasting as white sugar.  In looking up the difference between ws and gs, it says gs is less processed than ws.  You can use it just like you would ws.

Must be related to mine, as long as you reach in the general vicinity for something you're good to go! LOL.

Sometimes I am guilty of just reaching with out reading - I had a craving for mini powdered sugar donuts....I opened up the container, took a bite and they were LEMON!  I had no idea manufacturers made flavored powdered sugar donuts....my husband ate them.  The label clearly read lemon, sigh.

Include me. I have been upset with my husband mistakingly buying something we will never eat or use.

But the last time we went to the grocery. I knew I was going to make lasagna. So I wanted a can of tomato sauce. Went to the stack of tomato sauce, picked up a can and put it in the cart. Came home and as I put it away, I noticed it was a can of whole tomatoes.

NOOO! My son does not eat tomatoes. He was tolerate the sauce but that is it. He will not eat anything that looks like a tomato. 

Before the virus he would often have other plans and I would make meals with tomatoes. But now there are no concerts, no theatre and no sporting events. He is home for every meal. I will never use that can of tomatoes.

So can't say anything now when my husband does it.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla  If I had that problem I would throw the can of whole tomatoes in my Vitamix and just blend thoroughly.  Only takes a few seconds and is how I always start off my homemade Italian sauce by pureeing canned whole tomatoes.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC