Honored Contributor

Re: ok---so how was your Easter dinner--good things--bad things??

Very well.  We have brown sugar ham, potato salad, deviled eggs, green beans and steamed vegetables leftovers and a few sandwiches.

DS and DIL love their leftovers.

We don't like casseroles.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme   That was very sweet of you to visit your cousin for Easter at his assisted living facility! I'm sure that you made his day!  You're a great cousin Smiley HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

So very, very sorry.  Prayers for his quick recovery.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@tends2dogs  I pray things turned out OK for your DH. What is it about special holidays and the ER??? It never fails. UGH!

I know!  When we got there, fortunately we taken care of right away.  Excellent care!  When I left later that evening, there wasn't an empty seat in the waiting room.  I really felt for those people and the caregivers.  BUSY!

Sorry to hear about your husband's hospitalization. Infections are scary and I will include you both in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Ham is not my favorite but made it for friends.  We had a good dinner and my friend took the leftover ham bone to make soup.

@tends2dogs sorry to hear about your spouse hope he is feeling better soon.🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07   I wasn't a happy camper and was stressed. 

I always have holiday dinners at 3 pm and most of my guests are late...arriving around 4.

But,on Easter mostly everyone showed up early and there was a delay on my end.

Anyway, everyone left with a belly full and I figure I have until Thanksgiving to recover.

thanks for the kind words.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  You did an excellent job pulling everything together for Easter- I'm sure your family and guests loved the delicious meal and probably were in awe of how you handled the oven situation! It really demonstrated a gift for multi tasking and amazing stress management skills- I give you an A+ for your Easter dinner Smiley HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   Oh no - I sincerely hope your husband is doing alright. I hope it's nothing too serious but if it is, I pray he's getting the good help he needs.

I also pray for you that you are doing okay as well.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   Oh my, so it was serious. I pray after all of his tests, your husband is stabalizing now and his good Drs and team are doing all they can for him.

Take good care of yourself as well, he still needs you! Prayers to you both for good resutls and rest.

Esteemed Contributor

The burrito I had at the Mexican restaurant we went to was just OK.  The chips and salsa were good though.  Next time I go there, I will get the burrito that my niece and her husband ordered.  It looked really good and they said it was.

I did buy a spiral ham on Friday and baked it either Friday or Saturday morning.  I had some ham Sunday evening and it was very good.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown