Honored Contributor

Re: oatmeal cookie from Harry Slatkin

@aroc3435  or anyoe else that tried this recipe....... Did you make these oatmeal cookies?  I did, they are tasty but small!  I followed directions for the amount for each cookie but was disappointed in the size.

I will make again at some point and use more dough per cookie and bake a little less than recommended.  I prefer a softer cookie....what did you think?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

YUMMMM...  looks really good.  Thank you for posting.  I may have to give it a try.

I see they gave INA GARTEN credit for the inspiration!   Love Ina.  Her Chocolate Chunk cookies are exceptional (I just add a little shredded coconut and a little extra vanilla!).  And her other recipes both sweet and savory are wonderful and can be trusted.  I make more things that are Ina inspired than from any other chef. 

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs     I made them and, yes, they were small.  Definitely not designed to be a soft cookie.  They were good enough that I would make them again.

Small is better when it comes to baked goods around my Significant Other who has seen very few dessert items that he doesn't like!Smiley Happy

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435   Same issue at our house when it comes to sweets, but my husband will not eat oatmeal so the cookies are all mine!!

Next batch I might experiment with a larger size and not bake so long.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I like crispy oatmeal cookies

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   When my cookies were 'crisp' I thought I had over baked them, but I guess not.

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435- How many dozen does the batter yield?  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal   I think my yield was about two and a half dozen.  I liked them enough that when I bake them. aagain I would double the recipe and I might try adding some shredded coconut, or substitute dried cranberries for raisins.

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@qbetzforreal   I think my yield was about two and a half dozen.  I liked them enough that when I bake them. aagain I would double the recipe and I might try adding some shredded coconut, or substitute dried cranberries for raisins.

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Thank you and thank you for the holiday wish.  Same to you.  @aroc3435