Respected Contributor

new : cinnamon roll situation

@dex   i followed your advice and used your recipe.  they look amazing.  waiting to frost them.  i think one of the places i went wrong, was baking them on a cookie sheet, instead of the 9x13. this way they all moosh into each other. 

also your's was the only one with brown sugar filling.  huge difference in look. still over cooked them a tiny bit, but i'm 

sure now, they will be a "star attraction" at the easter buffet. 

thanks again.  

also going to use cream cheese in the frosting sunday. 

thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Re: new : cinnamon roll situation

@kittyloo glad to hear it worked for you ...don’t even try one or you will not be able to stop.

Respected Contributor

@dex   I HAD to try one. quality assurance.  The dough is very soft, and perfect.  they will be well received. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo   Thanks for updating us.  Now I know where to find the ultimate cinnamon roll recipe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@dexI saw this post, but not your recipe.  Please tell me where you posted it so I can copy.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker  Google soft moist and gooey cinnamon buns..it’s from allrecipes and uses a box of vanilla pudding.I don’t know how to print the recipes here...sorry

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is the recipe from AllRecipes for the Cinnamon Rolls for those of you who are interested. I did a copy and paste of the recipe for you here.

It starts out with the dough being made in a bread machine, and then being finished by hand in the oven.

It is called Soft, Moist and Gooey Cinnamon Rolls:

Ingredients

24 servings

165 cals

For the dough:
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
  • 4 tablespoons water
  • 1/2 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 4 cups bread flour
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast

For the dough roll filling:

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1/4 cup raisins (optional)

For the roll frosting:

• 1 teaspoon milk
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 4 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
  • Prep

15 m
  • Cook

20 m
  • Ready In

3 h 35 m
  1. In a bread machine pan, place the milk, beaten egg, melted butter, water, vanilla pudding mix, bread flour, sugar, salt and yeast in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle.
  2. When cycle is finished, remove the dough, and knead for 3 to 5 minutes. Roll out to a large rectangle.
  3. Mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread over dough. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and raisins, if desired. Starting with the widest end, roll the dough into a log. Pinch to seal seams. Cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch slices, and place in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Place in a draft-free space, and allow to rise until doubled.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. To make frosting, mix the milk, confectioners sugar, softened butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.

Respected Contributor

@dex @Toppers3  Thank you both for the info and Topper, thanks for copying the recipe.  Really appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

@Toppers3    So nice of you to supply the recipe.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Any hope for those of us who don’t have a bread machine? I am so intrigued! Thanks