Respected Contributor

my favorite lemon and lime loaf cake recipes.......tried and true, and no fail delicious

Iced Lemon Bread from youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q__eSkIbUsI

just high lite right clock and click on open link and off to you tube you go to view and hear how this recipe is made.

also this glaze icing is thicker than star bucks lemon cake recipe.

i also remove it from the pan after it cooled off and then place back inside and leave it there. then add the lemon sauce and the final lemon glaze icing while the cake is in the pan. then i refrigerate it and keep it in the pan and carefully cut slices to serve, and if left overs place aluminum foil over the cake in the pan and refrigerate.

Recipe Image
What you'll need:

1 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
1 1/3 cup sugar, divided
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. sour cream
3 large eggs
2 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (i used freshly squeezed lemon juice)
2 tbsp water
1 tsp lemon extract, divided
1 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp skim milk (i used whole milk)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, stir flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour sour cream mixture into flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden and thin skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together remaining 1/3 cup sugar, water and 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and syrup is clear. Set aside.
Cool bread in pan 10 minutes. Loosen edges of loaf with a knife, invert loaf onto cooling rack to remove bread and turn right-side-up on rack. With thin skewer, poke holes in bread; slowly pour syrup over bread and allow it to soak in. Cool completely.
Whisk together powdered sugar, milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract. Pour over bread, allowing it to run down sides.
Makes 12 (2/3") slices

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------just pulled this out of the oven, and it is delicious when cooled and iced.

Key Lime Bread Recipe for 2 loaves 16 slices each and you can halve the recipe for making 1 loaf.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/key-lime-bread

Key Lime Bread Recipe
Key Lime Bread Recipe photo by Taste of Home Rating 5

“I first tasted this deliciously different bread at a friend's house, and she graciously shared the recipe with me,” says Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. “It's so easy to make and absolutely yummy!”

Key key Lime Bread Recipe

• Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling

15 50 6Ingredients

Directions

• Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in lime peel, juice and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in walnuts.
  • Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
  • Combine confectioners' sugar and enough lime juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each)