Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

lost recipe for nacho dogs...perhaps in one of the Best of the Best series from QVC

Lost the recipe for nacho dogs....nacho fiesta cheese soup, cut up hotdogs, cheddar cheese soup, ????? I digitalized all my recipes and donated the books and now cannot find the recipe anywhere. Google unearthed one with macaroni but that is not the one. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: lost recipe for nacho dogs...perhaps in one of the Best of the Best series from QVC

Pattylee....Hi and welcome to RS! It is nice to meet you. I have a question for you. When you say the Best Of The Best series, are you refering back to when QVC went state to state in search of recipes? If so, I have that collection of books. It would just take me a few days to get to them as they are all boxed up. I know they have done several Best of The Best books..just not sure which book you think the recipe is in. I will be happy to check my books, if you think the recipe is in one of the "state" Best of The Best Books....but like I say it will take me a few days Smile

Occasional Contributor

Re: lost recipe for nacho dogs...perhaps in one of the Best of the Best series from QVC

Yes it was like that...pretty sure it had orange color on the cover along with no particular state....just a best of the best title. No hurry and thanks for trying for me.

Trusted Contributor

bump

Super Contributor

A great way to search for recipes, especially popular and well known ones, is to go to Pinterest and enter the recipe name in the selection slot on the lefthand slot near the top of the page. A "Nacho Dogs Recipe" entry brought this page: (Good luck)

http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=Nacho%20Dogs%20recipe

Trusted Contributor

Pattylee..hi again.all the best of the best books i have are books wirh state names on the cover. If you want me to i will still look. Is there any thing else u remember about the cover?
Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 LilBitMissty said: Pattylee..hi again.all the best of the best books i have are books wirh state names on the cover. If you want me to i will still look. Is there any thing else u remember about the cover?

Hi, Lilbit. If it's any help, I have several of the Best of the Best that I've checked without finding the recipe. None of them has an orange cover. They are:

Best of the Best:

Hall of Fame, Books 1 and 2

Arizona

California

New Mexico

Texas 1 and 2

Regular Contributor

Is this the one?

NACHO DOGS

(Source: Best of the Best 500 Fast and Fabulous 5 Star 5 Ingredient Recipes cookbook)

1 c. crushed Doritos

1 package jumbo hot dogs, chopped

1/2 c. mild salsa

1 (10 3/4 oz.) can fiesta nacho cheese soup

1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Spread the crushed Doritos in the bottom of a small baking dish.

Brown the hot dogs in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

When the hot dogs are browned, stir in the salsa and the soup. Heat the mixture, stirring occasionally, until everything is heated through.

Pour the soup mixture over the Doritos, then sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.

Bake @ 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

Honored Contributor

CAROL1229!! How wonderful to see you here! I just got back from last week's vac and in catching up on what wonderful recipes I missed, I saw your post!

You have truly been missed! I have such wonderful recipes from you! I have a lot of catching up to do, so I might have missed your previous postings while gone....this is the first I saw your name.

You and LilBit are two of my favorites! So happy to have our RS family almost complete again! Lavendersage...where are you?? You are missed as well!!

Occasional Contributor

Carol1229.....bless you. Yes Yes Yes....that is the one I have been searching for. Thank you so much. I knew it was in one of the Best of the Best series and there IS orange color on the cover. I remember more at my age than I thought (except where I put this recipe..haha). My family will be so grateful to you for finding it for me. THANKS AGAIN.