Contributor

looking for a pulled pork recipe

Trusted Contributor

Re: looking for a pulled pork recipe

This is funny. I have one going right now. I just buy a pork butt roast, at least 3 lbs cook it in my crock pot all night. In the morning I pour off the fat into my grease can. Package of crackpot pulled pork. Follow the recipe, 1 large onion and maybe 1/2 to 1 cup of bbq sauce and 4 squirts Frank's. Shred and mix cook on low for 2 hrs or more until time to eat.

Respected Contributor

Pork butt, rub with your favorite bbq pork rub, smoke 16 hours, let rest, seperate the meat from the fat.  Toss fat and bone.

I leave mine plain, a nice kaiser roll split, pulled pork, bbq sauce and a big spoonful of cole slaw.   I know in the south they use plain white bread but I prefer a roll.

Super Contributor

I sprinkle Tony Chachere's original Creole seasoning on a  pork roast/butt  and place it in a slow cooker.  I cover it with water, a tablespoon of liquid smoke and let it cook on low overnight or for 8 hours.  At that time I pour all of the liquid off, remove any visible fat, and sredd the meat.  I like to serve our pulled pork with barbaque sauce/salsa on the side, as it usually has a lot of sugar and some in our family are sugar restricted.  This reheats beautifully and is especially good in buns or soft tortillas.  

Valued Contributor

Pork shoulder or butt or beef brisket

12 oz Coke (not diet)

1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup mix

3/4 c. ketchup

3/4 c. barbeque sauce

1 t. liquid smoke

garlic (fresh or powder)

Pour mixture over meat and bake in foil covered pan at 275 degrees overnight or about 8 hours, or until the meat pulls apart. Let stand about twenty minutes. Add more barbeque sauce if desired. 

Honored Contributor

Did you all know you can wrap hickory or mesquite chips in parchment and put in the bottom of your slow cooker to give a smokey flavor?  You want to use whatever seasonings you prefer, then cook your meat slowly until it's fall-off-the-bone tender.  If you have a smoker, Great!  If not, fake it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Since there's just the two of us one mesquite pork tenderloin from Aldi's.  I open an 8oz can of tomato sauce mixed it with a can of any seasoned tomatoes from Aldi's (they sell many, my fav is lime cilantro but I've used just plain ones too). Mix this with a packet of Lawry's Smoky Pork Carnitas mix.  stir all together.

Pour enough of this into the bottom of the crockpot so the roast doesn't stick.  Put in the tenderloin, pour the rest of the mix on top.  I always start my pot in high to get it going and warm it up.  Turn to low for the rest of the day.  Late after noon when it's done, I'll pull it out, shred it and put it in a pan on the stove.  Cook the pork until it crisps up then put back into the crockpot.  Warm it up again.

Meanwhile I'll make some cole slaw, let stand for awile to meld flavors.  Then when we're ready to eat, serve on nice rolls, carnitas and slaw. 

Party in your mouth with all the crispness of the carnitas and yummy of slaw.  Oh yeah, it's a party for sure!  All is really quick and easy.  This is one killer recipe!

Trusted Contributor

If I am smoking  pork butt, I coat in dry rub (sometimes I rub it with mustard first), and then refrigerate for 24 hours.  After that, I smoke it with hickory for 24 hours, shred it, and add sauce.

For quick pulled pork, though, I coat a pork loin roast (about 3 pounds) with seasoning (usually just salt and pepper, maybe some smoked paprika), put it in my electric pressure cooker with one sliced onion and two ups of chicken stock (I usually have to cut the roast in half to get it to fit).  I coook it for 90 minutes on high and let the pressure reduce manually.  Then remove the pork, shred it, and put it back in the cooker with about half of the remaining liquid and BBQ sauce.  I then cook it for 5 minutes on high, reduce the pressure, and enjoy.

Respected Contributor

I use no seasoning at all, and smoke them on my egg.  Fruit wood is my favorite for chicken and pork.  Cherry is the best if I can find it.     I only smoke it for 2 1/2 hours and then seal it in tinfoil for 3+ hours depending on how large it is.   I've poured the liquid in the foil in a fat separater cup and if there's something there I pour that in the bowl with some butter.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I make pulled pork in the pressure cooker. I only use the smaller Tyson boneless pork shoulder picnic roasts tied with the netting. They only weigh 3-5 lbs & don't have all the fat on them like those huge butt roasts.

I sprinkle Memphis Rub or Penzey's BBQ 3000 on it, pour on some Head Country BBQ sauce, add some liquid & cook about 90 mins.