Respected Contributor

Re: looking 4 a wonderful easy recipe for coffee cake

On 11/21/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 11/21/2014 luvsbulldogs said:
On 11/20/2014 beanie said: <p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; color: #434343; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; zoom: 1; font-size: 14px;"> ok..so duh! I searched for coffee cakes in the search bar...and this one comes very close to what I used to make. I'm going to print it out now.

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; color: #434343; font-family: Arial, helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; zoom: 1; font-size: 14px;"> This is a coffee cake I have served several times at my quilt group and they loved it. It is very moist and yummy.

BUTTER PECAN COFFEE CAKE By: JPC
Coffee Cake
1 - Box Butter Pecan Cake Mix
1 - Small Pkg Instant Cheesecake Pudding
4 - Eggs
1/2 - Cup Oil
1 - Cup Water
1/3 - Cup Sour Cream
Topping
1/3 - Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 - Cup White Sugar
1 - tsp Cinnamon
1/2 - Cup Chopped Pecans
Mix Coffee Cake ingredients well and put 1/2 of the batter into a 9 X 13 greased pan.
Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping mix and cover with remaining batter and rest of topping.
Bake 35 minutes in 350 degree oven
JPC

I copied this recipe posted by JPC and cannot seem to find a " butter pecan cake mix" anywhere. Does anyone know what company makes it? I would love to make this.

Thank you Sunshine.....now I know what to look for. I am going to try WalMart tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

I've never had a reason or event to have to make one of those, but if you go to Allrecipes, or Taste of Home, or The Food Network, I'm sure you'd have a large variety to choose from. I don't know what ingredients you have or would need, so you'll have to choose what you want.

Trusted Contributor

Ditto on the Bisquick recipe as well as the Bisquick velvet crumb cake recipe.You can go to the Bisquick web site to get that one. For topping I blend cold butter, white sugar and more dry Bisquick (1/3C each) until it is crumbly and top the batter before baking. My Mom always used the velvet crumb cake recipe and did her topping the same way. No brown sugar or coconut or nuts. Very easy and delicious with a great cup of coffee or hot tea!

Contributor

All sound good. Thank you for posting
Super Contributor

Well, it is not easy, but so worth it. This recipe is from Ina Garten.

12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 extra-large eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups sour cream
2 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)can use all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

For the streusel: 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon can use apple pie spice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional

For the glaze: 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons real maple syrup

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for 4 to 5 minutes,
until light. Add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla and sour cream.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the batter until just combined.
Finish stirring with a spatula to be sure the batter is completely mixed.

For the streusel, place the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and butter in a bowl
and pinch together with your fingers until it forms a crumble. Mix in the walnuts, if desired.

Spoon half the batter into the pan and spread it out with a knife. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup streusel.
Spoon the rest of the batter in the pan, spread it out, and scatter the remaining streusel on top.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Carefully transfer the cake, streusel side up,
onto a serving plate. Whisk the confectioners' sugar and maple syrup together, adding a few drops of water
if necessary, to make the glaze runny. Drizzle as much as you like over the cake with a fork or spoon

Respected Contributor

sorry for the caps but is the way I have it on my computer to send to a friend that needs it like this.

FUNNY CAKE( MY Grams, way over 100 years old) 2 LG CAKES 2=10" GLASS PYREX PIE PLATES

3/4 C BUTTER ROOM TEMP
3 EGGS
3 SUGAR
3 FLOUR
1/2 TSP SALT
3 TSP BAKING PWD
1 1/2 C MILK
1 TBSP VANILLA

CREAM BUTTER AND SUGAR AND ADD EGGS ONE AT A TIME. ADD DRY INGREDIENTS ALTERNATELY WITH MILK TILL SMOOTH. ADD VANILLA LAST.
PLACE TWO PREPARED, RAW, NOT BAKED ( I USE PILLSBURY REFRIGERATED ONES) PIE SHELLS IN THE 2 -10'' GLASS DEEP PYREX PIE PLATES AND POUR HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE SYRUP TO JUST COVER THE BOTTOM OF THE CRUST( DON'T PUT TOO MUCH OR IT WILL RUN OVER IN THE OVEN).
POUR BATTER EVENLY AROUND COVERING ALL THE CHOCOLATE AND FILLING PAN BAKE 375 FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR OR TILL CAKE TESTS DONE.
LET COOL THAN KEEP COVERED WITH ALUMINUM FOIL OR FREEZE ONE AS I DO. THIS FREEZES VERY WELL