Honored Contributor

Re: i would like your opinion please

when I would entertain and knew someone had a dietary issue, I would always tell that person to bring something they can eat, but then I would try to provide  sides or apps that everyone could eat. My son used to eat strictly vegetarian so meat was out. he eats seafood now so it's easlier to cook. Most times my meals are pot luck so everyone brings something. I don't think it is rude for someone to bring something they can eat safely.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I got really sick eating something with mayo - never forgot that so I do not use or eat anything with mayo.  When dad was alive we always had a lot of outdoor family bbqs till winter came.  

Unfortunately summer BBQ/picnic type foods tend to be potato salad, macaroni salad, etc. so when I go to one of these I always make/take something I can eat.  I never expect ppl to cater to me.  

Honored Contributor

We have our book club at the local senior center.  And, yes, they do cater to the one gal that has gluten issues.  She really does, she went through testing with doctor.  I would make the lasagna with the corn tortillas home first.  Who knows?  You might strike gold with a really unique recipe.  If that doesn't work or you want to make this quick, make that salad, it sounds delicious.