Respected Contributor

i would like to make hot chocolate spoons, for little Christmas gifts. recipes are all over the place with ingredients. has anyone had success with making these and have a recipe to share?

i'm also looking a cocoa bombs but those look complicated.  thanks all!

Valued Contributor

I made them using a silicone spoon mold, less than 10 bucks, and melting chiocolate.Add some marshmallows and whatever else, that's it.

Valued Contributor

@10sluvr 

Hot Chocolate Spoons

This is a fun easy recipe that lets you play with chocolate. It makes cocoa so rich and luxurious but also playful to drink and enjoy.

Ingredients
You will need
  •  
Plastic Spoons
  • White Chocolate Chips
  • Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Toppings
    • Mini Marshmallows
    • Mini Chocolate Chips
    • Sprinkles
Instructions
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Melt chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals.
  • Dip plastic spoons into chocolate, coating them generously.
  • Lay spoons onto parchment paper.
  • Top with desired toppings.
  • Chill in the fridge until chocolate is set.
  • When ready, warm up a cup of milk, and add one of the hot chocolate spoons.
  • Stir well, and enjoy!
Valued Contributor

@10sluvr  Easy Cocoa Bombs

Ingredients
  • 24 ounces (680 g) semi-sweet couverture chocolate I prefer Callebaut, you can also use any high quality bar chocolate. You can use candy melts, if you're using a silicone mold but they don't taste as good.
  • 1 cup (50 g) mini marshmallows
  • 6 Tablespoons (88 g) hot chocolate mix
Equipment
  • Thermometer
  • 2 1/2" Sphere Mold (silicone or acrylic)

Instructions

For Silicone Molds
  • Finely chop your chocolate using a sharp chefs knife
  • Place the chocolate into a bowl and heat for 30 seconds (my microwave is 1000 watts)
  • Stir the chocolate, moving the chocolate that is on the outside, towards the center.
  • Heat again for 15 seconds and stir again.
  • Repeat this process until the chocolate is ALMOST melted but not fully melted. Never heating for longer than 15 seconds and never going above 90F. If you go above 90º you will have to temper your chocolate by seeding (see my blog post for more info)
  • Make sure your molds are clean by polishing them with a paper towel
  • Paint a thin layer of chocolate into the molds and refrigerate for 5 minutes
  • Paint a second coat of chocolate over the first, paying special attention to building up the rim of the sphere. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
  • Take your chocolate out of the molds and fill with 1 tablespoon of hot cocoa mix and marshmallows
  • Pipe some melted chocolate around the rim and attach the second sphere on top. Pressing gently to seal.
  • Use a gloved hand to wipe away the excess chocolate or simply roll the chocolate sphere in some sprinkles to finish the look.

For Acrylic Molds
  • Chop your chocolate finely with a sharp chefs knife
  • Add your chocolate to a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds (my microwave is 1000 watts)
  • Stir the chocolate, moving the chocolate that is on the outside, towards the center.
  • Heat again for 15 seconds and stir again.
  • Repeat this process until the chocolate is ALMOST melted but not fully melted. Never heating for longer than 15 seconds and never going above 90F. 
Respected Contributor

@Reconnaissant wrote:

@10sluvr 

Hot Chocolate Spoons

This is a fun easy recipe that lets you play with chocolate. It makes cocoa so rich and luxurious but also playful to drink and enjoy.

Ingredients
You will need
  •  
Plastic Spoons
  • White Chocolate Chips
  • Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Toppings
    • Mini Marshmallows
    • Mini Chocolate Chips
    • Sprinkles
Instructions
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Melt chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals.
  • Dip plastic spoons into chocolate, coating them generously.
  • Lay spoons onto parchment paper.
  • Top with desired toppings.
  • Chill in the fridge until chocolate is set.
  • When ready, warm up a cup of milk, and add one of the hot chocolate spoons.
  • Stir well, and enjoy!

this sounds like my speed! i can do this with the grands, too. thanks!!

Respected Contributor

I know you said you wanted to make them but I just got some at Target.  They were $1 each.  They also have hot chocolate bombs available on line. Hot chocolate bombs have been hard for me to find.  I did hear Costco is selling them.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think I'm going to try my hand a keto hot chocolate bombs for DH and I.  I have the molds ordered and have the supplies on hand.  Our family Christmas get together is in limbo.  We already postponed it to the weekend after New Year's, but now that's up in the air.