Trusted Contributor

2  large egg whites beaten until frothy

1/2 c white sugar

2 cups fresh cranberries picked ovewr to make sure they are firm and not bruised at all

dipcranberries in egg whites and then roll in sugar.  set cranberries on a rack to dry.  when dry serve..

Honored Contributor

they would look pretty sitting on top of your sprite/cranberry juice drink that you posted. a very festive and delicious look.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54dd587ce4b079b5953955af/54ee2c55e4b0aa43d80e9ba1/584ef5d29de4bb74d3263eae/1504015876567/poinsettia+punch+sugared+cranberries.jpg?format=1000w

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I love to make and serve frosted fruit, Especially grapes, but never thought to do this for cranberries.  They would make a beautiful garnish, but aren't they too sour to eat?

I know I cannot eat a raw cranberry.   Way too sour for me. Does that little bit of sugar help, or are they still sour?  I know there are people who love sour foods..

me, not at all.

Esteemed Contributor

TY @shortbreadlover!! They would make a wonderful garnish to a company cranberry bread or cake! (Which I am planning to make for Thanksgiving.)

I've been eating crans for breakfast ever since I found them in the market over a month ago. I do not find them too sour to eat raw, w/o sugar. When I think of sour, I think of sorrel.

Honored Contributor

Re: frosted cranberries

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I love to make and serve frosted fruit, Especially grapes, but never thought to do this for cranberries.  They would make a beautiful garnish, but aren't they too sour to eat?

I know I cannot eat a raw cranberry.   Way too sour for me. Does that little bit of sugar help, or are they still sour?  I know there are people who love sour foods..

me, not at all.

@Carmie

@Harpa

I tried them a couple of years ago & they were way too sour & bitter for me & I like sour foods.

I'm gonna give it another try though, ya never know - maybe I got a bad bag that time.

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper  I saw a recipe where you heat water and allow sugar to dissolve in it, then pour the warm mixture over the cranberries and allow them to soak overnight. 

Then they are drained, patted dry and frosted.  This is suppose to make them sweeter.

I haven't t tried it, but I would if I wanted to eat the frosted cranberries and not just use them as a pretty garnish.

I can't even eat a Granny Smith apple out of hand..too sour for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: frosted cranberries

[ Edited ]

@Carmie

Oh, I love me some Granny Smith apples LOL!!!

See, when I tried them they were not only sour, they were bitter & the texture was awful, not "fruity" at all if you know what I mean.

I'm gonna give them another shot though - I'm not gonna get beat by no cranberry!!!

This applies to cranberries soon too hopefully:

5cdc88a8-e2cc-46d8-b1e4-2791ff31e28f_1.acbd01293348151747f68b7303c96a6c.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

i don't know about how sour they wwould be because i like them.  but then i like lemonms with salt on them.  i would think that the sugar would make them a bit sweeter.  i guess it is all in the person's tastes