Contributor

favorite jarred pizza sauce?

Do you have a favorite jarred pizza sauce?  I've tried several different ones but haven't really found a favorite yet.

Regular Contributor

Re: favorite jarred pizza sauce?

I like Mid's jar pizza sauce.  I think it's thicker and sweeter than some of the others.  The only place I can find it is Kroger.  The Mid's spaghetti sauce in the jar is so good I rarely make homemade sauce these days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WVopr -

I know it all depends on individual taste. I've tried a lot of them and though I don't use it often I always come back to Ragu. I like the spices in it.

@Flyer98 -

That sure is a cute little dog!Smiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

No contest for me.  It's Don Pepino.  I can eat it with a spoon from the can.

2A5BE9F5-0C3C-471D-B3A3-F7716AE99527.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I make my own with a 28-oz can of crushed tomatoes, 2 tsp minced garlic, and 2 tbsp olive oil.  Heat the garlic in the oil in a saucepan until it sizzles.  Stir in the tomatoes and simmer until thickened to desired consistency.  I simmer mine for about 15 minutes. 

It's a little more work, but it tastes better and is less expensive.      

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie  I was just going to look up the name of this sauce. I used to always buy it but it’s been awhile. It’s great.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie  .... I usually make my own but, I am going to try this one ... THANKS!!!

Honored Contributor

@January121   I make my own too, but this one is a great substitute.  I first bought it because it was on sale and I had a coupon. The decor of the can never spoke to me, so I passed it up many times.  

I think I saw this sauce in a mega can in Sam's Club.  I didn't buy it, but it would be great for a pizza party. I just buy the small cans.  Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

i make my own often and freeze it, but any good quality spaghetti sauce/pasta sauce would work well also......get something a little chunky. i like RAOS.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

If have a aTrader Joe's by you they have wonderful pizza sauce in a jar.