Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: easy italian chicken bake---so good!!!

ohhh so good.

Trusted Contributor

This is delish! Have made it several times - except I use chicken tenders, and I don't use the tomato slice. Just pesto and cheese. Also make my own pesto with the spinach and basil (until I get basil from the garden) but substitute walnuts for the pine nuts since those are soooo expensive!

Honored Contributor

On 4/30/2015 gonnab said:

This is delish! Have made it several times - except I use chicken tenders, and I don't use the tomato slice. Just pesto and cheese. Also make my own pesto with the spinach and basil (until I get basil from the garden) but substitute walnuts for the pine nuts since those are soooo expensive!

You know--I rarely use pine nuts for pesto---just too darn pricey. I like the walnuts especially toasted first and have use almonds too. I think any type of chicken would be good with this recipe. I'm thinking a sun dried tom pesto instead of green pesto. Dang---I'm hungry!!!!

Valued Contributor

I made this last night - very good! I had to sub sun dried tomatoes (in a jar) for the romas and used a little bit of Italian dressing. I used chicken tenders, because that's what I had. All in all, it is a keeper! Thanks wagirl!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting this recipe!!!

I tried it and it was great! I will definitely make it again. The recipe calls for Roma tomatoes which I didn't have. Instead, I used a small can of diced tomatoes. It worked great and the chicken was very moist including the leftovers.

Super Contributor

I'll be trying this recipe this week. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

So glad you made and liked this recipe. I love the different ways to tweak it too!!

Not applicable

I am sooo thankful wagirl that you posted this recipe and for everyone's tweeks. My kids only eat chicken and our entire family is going insane looking for new and delicious recipes. I can't wait to make it.

Valued Contributor

Made it last night and loved it. Thanks for sending the recipe.

PS Penzeys has a pesto mix which makes an easy tasty pesto,

Honored Contributor

Thank Pinterest, ladies! I merely tried it out. But glad it was a hit.