Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

THANKS!  Sounds wonderful, but Can I throw in some cashews and snow peas???????

Add whatever you'd like. I keep a bag of frozen peas and cubed carrots to add some to fried rice.

Valued Contributor

Now I have something to serve with all those QVC pot stickers I keep buying and loving. Thanks for the recipe.

Honored Contributor

Re: easy fried rice

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

Yes!    With shrimp!

Fully cooked rice is available in 1 cup servings, time saver.

I don't mind cooking rice but it's just me so the pre-cooked is handy.

I don't like that boil in bag rice, you cook it in the boiling water.

Just doesn't taste good to me.

Uncle Ben's has a Ready Rice and Minute Rice makes a Ready-to-Serve rice.

I prepare Uncle Ben's Brown Ready Rice (8.8 oz pkg) for my recipe:

1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce

1 tbsp soy sauce

2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil

2 lightly-beaten eggs

1/2 cup frozen peas or pea/carrot mix. thawed

1/4 lb baked ham cut into 1/4" cubes

1 tsp minced garlic

3/4 cups bean sprouts

3 scallions, sliced thin

Mix oyster and soy sauces in small bowl.  Heat 3/4 tsp oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat until smoking. Add eggs without stirring until just set.  Scramble and break into small pieces and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.  Place in small bowl.

Heat 1 1/4 tbsp oil over high heat until smoking.  Add peas and ham and cook for 1/2 minute, stirring constantly.  Stir in garlic for 1/2 minute.  Add rice and oyster sauce mixture and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.  Add eggs, bean sprouts, and scallions and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.   

Respected Contributor

I ran out of white rice so I used Jasmine rice the last time I made fried rice.  It was delicious.  I chill or at least cool the rice before the actual stir fry begins.  It avoids any gumminess.  I add similar ingredients to what has been mentioned but always add bacon, some pork, and sliced scallions and veggies that are on hand.  We make a meal out of it for one or two days.   Oh, and this seasoning blend:  "Simply Asian Sweet Garlic Seasoning".

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal, I do the same with the egg.  I also add lots of scallions and some peas to mine, along with shrimp.  So delicious and easy.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover

I made this for dinner tonight - delish!

I used shrimp because that is what I had handy.

Thank you for posting your recipe!

It looks better in real life, the colors with this camera tend to get washed out looking.

IMG_20180813_190117.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sooner I think you can add whatever veggies you like.I like green onion,mushroom,peas and a little bacon.

Respected Contributor

I made this today and it was very good.  Love the versatility of it.  You can make it plain or fancy.  I started with frying 1/2 an onion.  Added leftover rotisserie chicken and a pouch of microwave steamer veggies (blend containing snow peas, broccoli, water chestnuts and more).   It was quick, easy and good. DH and I finished it off.  Will make it again for sure.  Great recipe!