Trusted Contributor

do you find that the the fancier the cook book is, the less you will make the recipes found inside?  this is what happens to me.  i guess i am lucky that i can check out the new cookbooks from the library.cuz i sure would not buy many of them.  they are  waste of money as far as recipes are concerned.

Esteemed Contributor

Fancy cookbooks usually require to many fancy, rare or expensive ingredients that I don’t want to buy. Most recipes that I am interested in require few ingredients and steps. I like to cook but I want normal ingredients, easy steps and not a page of ingredients.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Fancy cookbooks usually require to many fancy, rare or expensive ingredients that I don’t want to buy. Most recipes that I am interested in require few ingredients and steps. I like to cook but I want normal ingredients, easy steps and not a page of ingredients.

Sounds like me. When I cook I want tasty but few ingredients.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

do you find that the the fancier the cook book is, the less you will make the recipes found inside?  this is what happens to me.  i guess i am lucky that i can check out the new cookbooks from the library.cuz i sure would not buy many of them.  they are  waste of money as far as recipes are concerned.

@shortbreadlover  What do you mean by fancy?  The cover, photos, author, type of food?  I'm not sure how to define fancy.

Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

I think that's why I have not bought a cookbook in years. I really like to bake and find that sharing recipes with friends and family works better for me.  There are some boards and forums that I participate in and we also share recipes that are simple and don't require so many ingredients.