Respected Contributor

Re: cinnamon roll help situaton

wow! thanks for the love, bakers.  i'm feeling more confident already. You've provided a couple of really good suggestions. next trial run tomorrow. fingers crossed. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo  I often use raspberry jam instead of the traditional cinnamon filling in my rolls, spread softened cream cheese on rolled out dough and spread jam on top of the cream cheese, mighty tasty !!!

Honored Contributor

Did none of the recipes posted in your other thread asking for help with your cinnamon rolls work for you?

I posted the recipe we have been using. They are sweet, the filling is butter with pecans, cinnamon & sugar. Nothing boring about that.

Since you say yours are turning out dry do you melt butter & spread it all over the dough or are you just sprinkling with a sugar cinnamon mixture? I'm sure they are dry if you don't use any butter. They will also be dry if you over cook them.

Are you using enough pecans, cinnamon, sugar, butter before you roll it up?

It's not necessary to add anything to the recipe I posted. They are yummy, sweet & not dry.

DH brushes the dough with butter & applies the cinnamon sugar mixture all over the dough then rolls it up so it's throughout the cinnamon rolls. If you do this you should not have any problems with yours sinking to the bottom.

Are you eating the dough by itself since you say it's not sweet enough. You don't want it so sweet you cannot eat it. Trust me once you get the filling in the cinnamon rolls & the cream cheese frosting on top. They are sweet.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kittylooYou've got a lot of energy to do this!  I would find a good bakery and order them!! Smiley Happy  But then, I'm old and getting lazy.........Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz   thanks for the suggestions. yes, i always spread butter in the filling with the sugar and cinnamon, before rolling. i think that i am going to try the recipe with the vanilla pudding mix in it.  someone else suggested raspberry jam and cream cheese for the filling. that sounds tasty. 

i guess i am more critical about the moistness, as my saliva glands have been compromised with tons of radiation ect. 

lots of things taste dry to me.

last batch even though the filling was sweet, there just didn't seem to be enough, and the dough tasted very bland to me. 

all in all, i'm pretty critical of myself, when taking food to these types of functions. i like to KNOW, it's delicious. 

dh, thought the last batch were yummy.  he'll eat just about anything. thanks for the input. 

Respected Contributor

Make Monkey Bread.  Quick, easy and delicious.