Respected Contributor

I just found this recipe in a recipe magazine at the dollar store.  There were a LOT of recipes in it, but just one I thought I'd try.  A new recipe for $1?  Well worth it!!!  SO easy!

I cut the recipe in half, but here's the original:

2 (10 1/4 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup

2 1/2 cups milk, divided

16 oz. bag frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained

3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken meat

2 cups buttermilk baking mix (like Bisquick)

1. Whisk soup and 1 cup milk in large mixing bowl until smooth.

2. Stir in broccoli and chicken.  Pour into well-greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.

3. Mix together 1 1/2 cups milk and baking mix in mixing bowl.

4. Spoon evenly over top of chicken-broccoli mixture.

5. Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes (UNcovered).

I'm not always big on spices, but for this recipe I added salt, pepper, paprika (for color), celery salt and poultry seasoning.  I think without the spices it would have been a little too bland.

This was SOOOOOO easy and VERY tasty.  I'll be making it again and again.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Frequent Contributor

Re: chicken and broccoli bake

I make something similar to this recipe but use a bag of mixed vegetables.  I use a can of chicken.  I also like to put some grated cheese on top of the bisquick topping.   Will need to try it with brocolli.   

I like to make these type of dishes then I don't have to cook for a few days.

Honored Contributor

This looks very good!  Also if you bake or grill chicken at home you could just add a few more pieces and make this later in the week!

Anything with poultry seasoning is yummy!  I even add a little to my turkey gravy!

Respected Contributor

Question...was the top like biscuits when it was done? Just curious if it puffs up.

Thank you for posting!

Honored Contributor

We use to call this casseroles, betty crocker cookbook, i use to mix,tuna, rice ,peas, cream of mushroom soup ,spices ,and bake ,back in the old days.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

This looks very good!  Also if you bake or grill chicken at home you could just add a few more pieces and make this later in the week!

Anything with poultry seasoning is yummy!  I even add a little to my turkey gravy!

@ECBG    I make many chicken casseroles.  I buy big packages of chicken breasts, cook in pressure cooker.  I save and freeze the broth and package the chicken in plastic bags to make one casserole.  Always have some ready to go.  They it's quick and easy to throw a casserole together.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Sounds SO yummy!  I will always be the "one" that has to watch the hips, grill the meats, and serve with salads and vegetables.

Starches have to stay low on my list and I have very small servings.

Respected Contributor

With Thanksgiving in a few days, I'm sure there will be plenty of leftover turkey that could be used in this recipe.

Respected Contributor

I would make this too...I love both chicken, and broccoli is a favorite of mine.  I might add some sharp cheddar cheese too.  Thanks for the recipe!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found a recipe that is a family favorite in a Walmart ad. You never know where a recipe that is a winner will show up.

I have cooked enough fails that I am thrilled when I find a winner.