Trusted Contributor

8 oz grated sharp cheese

4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled

1 c crushed  potato chips

mix  all ingredientws together  drop on to bakingsheet line with parchment paper into 1 T mounds.  flatten slightly bake at 375 for 5 to 8 minutes.  remove from oven cool for 2 minutes .  serve

i used sourcream and onion  chips but any kind would work also any cheese that melts would work

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a healthy snack.  Smiley Happy  Yesterday, the farm market was giving out samples of their candied bacon, along with the recipe.  Basically, bacon is coated in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon, twisted, and baked until crisp.  Very tasty, but in the same category as cheese crisps.

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover   These sound really good!

Esteemed Contributor

I make cheese crisps a lot (way too often, actually!) but have never added potato chips. You can also make the crisps in the microwave if you don't want to heat up the whole house with the oven.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Sounds like a healthy snack.  Smiley Happy  Yesterday, the farm market was giving out samples of their candied bacon, along with the recipe.  Basically, bacon is coated in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon, twisted, and baked until crisp.  Very tasty, but in the same category as cheese crisps.

@ValuSkr.  Healthy?  Doesn't have a single healthy ingredient.  Potato chips with fat and salt, processed fat bacon, and cheese loaded with fat.  Heart attack waiting to happen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr.  Healthy?  Doesn't have a single healthy ingredient.  Potato chips with fat and salt, processed fat bacon, and cheese loaded with fat.  Heart attack waiting to happen.

Exactly.  I was just kidding with the healthy comment.

Esteemed Contributor

I've made cheese crisps with just cheese.  I use a non-stick pan and drop a small moundful of shredded cheese and let it melt and get crispy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown