Contributor

Re: bakery style birthday cake

thanks every one i final figured it out it would be a pound cake recipe

Honored Contributor

@ladyboutwell,

Ok, pound cake.   Very heavy dense cake, usually flavored with vanilla, almond, lemon, etc.   Sometimes glazed, but not iced.   Pound cake is on the opposite scale from a traditional birthday cake with the buttercream icing you described.

Contributor

people around her does use buttercream icing or the crisco icing on them

Honored Contributor

@ladyboutwell,

We are definitely from different areas then; in West Virginia we don’t ice or glaze our pound cakes.   We just cut a chunk and eat it, and we don’t dirty a plate either!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

homedecor1

Please tell us what temp. and how long to bake the 9 by 13 and the 9 inch layers. Thanks for sharing the recipe. 😊 😊 😊 

Respected Contributor

@Barbarainnc   Let me help you.  Need the @homedecor1 so she will see it.  

Losing those notifications that the techs finally fixed have made us all kind of "nutsy" I think.

Cheers!

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc 

I always bake on 350 preheated oven.  I also use Wilton pans (professional series) that are aluminum not the teflon coated style.  I use parchment in bottoms & of course, grease & flour (not Pam) using Crisco solid shortening.

Enjoy if you make the recipe.  I'm making Pineapple upside down cake for my company coming tomorrow.  Another childhood favorite-- i always try to make something like this when family comes😋

Honored Contributor

A little tip I learned years ago - bake layers at 325°, rather than 350° for a little denser cake, more like you'd get from a bakery.

~ house cat ~