Respected Contributor

anyone remember the culinique cake pan you filled?

anyone remember the culinique cake pans Q sold?  they were two cake pans that when you baked your cake in them, each side had a "well" in it.   you filled the well,  "sandwiched" them together, frosted etc. and you had a cake 10 inches tall that when sliced it had a trough of filling, or ice cream in the middle. very impressive to look at, and super easy to make. a real show stopper cake. 

so.... dh's birthday is coming up. i'm thinking of doing a spice cake, with a apple pie filling type thing. what else would go good with spice cake for a filling? orange creme?

suggestions please? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: anyone remember the culinique cake pan you filled?

I have one but have never used it. Seeing your post gives me ideas...I may have to make a cake soon. I’ll be curious to see what ideas others post.😊

Respected Contributor

@grandma petes  these are always good with ice cream in the middle as well. a really impressive show stopper.  so easy, and everyone is always so impressed. 

Valued Contributor

Never saw them before but just watched a youtube video on them. Still available thru ebay and Amazon.  

Amazed that the filling didn't fall out when the top layer was added to the bottom layer. 

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo  There is a retro recipe using spice cake mix and adding a can of fruit cocktail that I made a loooong time ago that was very good.  I looked, but seems it is missing from my file so probably I loaned it to someone and it was not returned.

You can probably find it on the web.

Respected Contributor

@CinNC  

@CinNC wrote:

Never saw them before but just watched a youtube video on them. Still available thru ebay and Amazon.  

Amazed that the filling didn't fall out when the top layer was added to the bottom layer. 

if you pile the bottom layer high with the filling, you can add the top layer without filling, and it equals out. that make sense?

Respected Contributor

I had two of the pans and one of the mini pans. I used the pans to make ice cream cakes at school in my Foods class. I used a Duncan Hines Golden Butter Cake mix to make the cake part. I used softened vanilla ice cream to fill it. Frosted it with butter cream frosting. Drizzled it with chocolate syrup. Each cake was cut into 12 slices. I usually made 7 or 8 cakes for all of my classes. 😊 ❤ 😊 

Honored Contributor

What were these called?  I don't remember them.

Respected Contributor

Q now has a silicone version that I daw presented on air a couple of days ago

https://www.qvc.com/Cook-Essentials-4-Piece-Silicone-Fillable-Cake-Pans.product.K48095.html?sc=SRCH

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  culinique. like in the title. there is supposed to be a dash over the u so it's pronounced  cuul in eek. make sense?  i was looking at my invoice still in the box. bought in 2001,