Respected Contributor

Just got my Ninja air fryer which comes with a recipe booklet but where can I find more recipes?  Anybody have a favorite to share?

Respected Contributor

check out Blue Jean Chef cookbook...forget whether I found sample recipes of hers on Amazon or Google.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

It's a fryer and that's what it does.  Nothing liquid can be used - so dip chicken or fish in egg and batter and fry. Google air fryer for some ideas - but I find it limited - i.e., french fries - chicken wings, etc. 

Those aren't my idea of a hot meal -

Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

check out Blue Jean Chef cookbook...forget whether I found sample recipes of hers on Amazon or Google.

I have 2 of Merediths books b ut find ,going to Google and put in what you are cooking and it tells you. Also, I do a lot more than chicken and fries.

Honored Contributor

Just Google 'air fryer recipes', not a specific item you're cooking.

I see lots of air fryer recipes daily from recipe sites, Taste of Home, Southern Living, Allrecipes, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

HLP and anyone else, please tell us what else you can do.  Myself?  I reheat take out fish and chicken and frozen fries.  I'm afraid to actually COOK anything in here.  Please give me the courage.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm struggling with whether I need an air fryer, or not. I've been looking at the Ninja, too. It seems to me that most of the videos and recipes are for appetizers, or snack type food, not a preferred method for meal preparation. 

it sounds great to be able to throw in some frozen fries, or cheese sticks, and not have to heat up a large oven, but does anyone use it for healthier alternatives?

I know I'd like it for roasting veggies, but does it really do a good job with meat, that's sometimes tricky even in the oven?  I'm thinking of chicken breast that can really be dried out. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass ---last night I cooked those tiny lamb chops that look like t-bone steaks----in my airfryer and they turned out fantastic!!!! i also roast turkey breasts in it that are the best i ever cook. steaks are great too. then last week, i cooked some cod that was really good. also do veggies ; oh and cooking meatballs is the bomb!!! I use Pinterest alot and, Delish, Allrecipes too. there is a learning curve --my mistakes have been too high of a temp for too long---start small. I haven't baked in mine yet--not sure why but that is my next thing. I don't really have any cookcooks to suggest. I really don't use it for the frozen snack type things, we don't eat that---I use fresh ingredients altho it does do fries pretty good!!

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch My new Niinja is sitting in the basement - it's a beautiful machine but I just can't justify space needed on countertop.  Grease diet doesn't agree with me and - what little I cooked - wasn't void of grease taste.

I'm a hot stew - meat & potato - Italian type eater.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt Thanks.  You've validated some of my concerns.