Honored Contributor

In today's newspaper there is a recipe for a zucchini pancake. It sounds interesting. There is Greek yogurt, feta cheese, dill and of course zucchini.

The recipe says to grate the zucchini. I have always cut out the center of the zucchini where the seeds are, whenever a recipe says to grate the zucchini. Is it necessary to cut out all the seeds? Or will you not notice once it is grated?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Zucchini seeds in Recipe?

@drizzellla If it's a young (thin and small) zucchini, I don't bother. However the big fat ones have to be seeded. Otherwise the seeds show up in your recipe. They won't harm you, but it may not be the texture you are looking for,

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The recipe called for 2 medium zucchini. The zucchini I bought are not small and thin. I would consider them medium. They are almost 7" long. 

I guess to be safe I will cut out all the seeds. The seeds aren't big but as you stated, PA Mom-mom I would like the texture to be fine. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Gee...I consider the seeds as the best part.  The 'body' of the "Z" is pretty boring and limited taste.  (just froth and skin)

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzella - I have several different recipes—both savory and sweet—that call for grated/shredded zucchini, and I've never bothered to remove the seeds (or the peel, for that matter) when preparing them. Good luck!