Respected Contributor

For those of you who will soon have a lot of zucchini here is a great and also easy recipe that I have been making for years. 

ZUCCHINI BAKE

3 cups thinly sliced zucchini

1 cup Bisquick

½ cup chopped onion

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons chopped parsley

½ teaspoon salt

1 clove garlic, chopped

½ cup salad oil

4 eggs, beaten

Mix together in a large bowl.  Pour into a 13X9  inch pan.  Bake at 350 for about ½ hour or until lightly browned on top. 

Edited to say I post this every year around this time.

Frequent Contributor
Thank you! I will definitely be making this!
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Respected Contributor

This is so good! I think I got it out of one of those little cookbooks by the checkout stand about 25 years go and its always a hit!

I have used yellow squash  ( in combination and alone) and even added spinach sometimes..different cheeses work too.. its a very flexible recipe,depneding on what you have in the garden...

Highly recommend and thanks for posting this one-

Honored Contributor

And for those that are cooking for one or two, this recipe is a bit more forgiving in terms of scaling back the original recipe and still get great results.  I make this all the time and it is delicious!

Respected Contributor

milliegrace.....I hope that you get a chance to try it and that you like it.

Respected Contributor

Mothertrucker.........thanks for the additions that you have used.  I will definitely be trying them.

Respected Contributor

mtc.......thanks for letting us know that you can scale down on this recipe.

Frequent Contributor
Okay Update! I made the Zucchini Bake for dinner this evening. Major hit and everyone loved it! But I doubled it! I thought only 3 cups of zucchini was definitely not gonna cut it with as much as my family loves squash! So I mixed zucchini and yellow squash and put it in a 15 x 11 inch pan. Dang, I had enough for a church social! Hahaha! But it'll be gone by tomorrow night. Thank you luvsbulldogs! 😀
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Respected Contributor
Yes I often do the "green and yellow" combination! It IS good! I am getting hungry now!

I "repurposed" a spinach casserole into cream of spinach soup and can't wait to go home and have some!
Respected Contributor

@milliegrace wrote:
Okay Update! I made the Zucchini Bake for dinner this evening. Major hit and everyone loved it! But I doubled it! I thought only 3 cups of zucchini was definitely not gonna cut it with as much as my family loves squash! So I mixed zucchini and yellow squash and put it in a 15 x 11 inch pan. Dang, I had enough for a church social! Hahaha! But it'll be gone by tomorrow night. Thank you luvsbulldogs! 😀

Hi milliegrace.......I read your post and laughed out loud when you said you could feed a church social....lol.  I neglected to mention that it does make a lot.  Sorry.

I am glad that you made it and that everyone liked it.  Thanks for letting me know.