Just wanted to let you know that I fixed this for dinner

and it was some kinda good. Love the Veggetti that I

got at Bed Bath & Beyond. And yes the coupons come

in handy also.

My DH gave it a 10.

Schultzi

Highlighted
Super Contributor

LoLa! So wonderful to see this recipe from you--everything I've ever tried from you has been great. I just got a Paderno spiralizer and have been noodling zucchini, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, turnips, and pretty much any other veggies that are firm enough. And I love the word "Zoodles"--your creation?

This recipe is absolutely perfect. I had a few Roma tomatoes that I chopped and added right near the end, just to soften, and for the red color. It's amazing how many calories from butter and olive oil you can fit into your meals when you don't eat any grains. Thank you very much!

Valued Contributor

Hi Pie... You're so welcome. I can't wait to hear how it turned out on V day. Enjoy!

Hi Kitty... You're very welcome. Yes, I have used it with other veggies for different recipes. I love doing carrots with this for salads and I've also tried some smaller potatoes for a fun french fry or hash browns. Many really creative uses.

Hi Schultzi.... That's great! I'm so happy that you loved it and it was 'hubby approved'.

Hi Kay... You are so very kind, thank you so much. I love the 'zoodles' too. It's not my creation but someone has some great ideas out there. I'm so happy that you loved it. I love the addition of the tomatoes.

Have a great day everyone,

Contributor

LoLa: Your recipe for the Zoodle Shrimp Scampi looks great and I look forward to trying it soon. After I saw your recipe, I bought the Spiralife spiralizer --used it for the 1st time for lunch today and it worked great. I spiralized a medium sized zucchini, sauteed it in a bit of avocado oil, some very thinly sliced onion, 1 clove of minced garlic, a few shakes of Paul Prudhommes Magic Seasoning Salt, and some parmesan cheese (which I put on at the very end after the veggies were cooked). I really like zucchini prepared any way and this was so good I didn't want it to end. I didn't know about the spiralizer until I saw your recipe, so thank you very much for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I finally made this Lola!

It was SO good. Made the Veggetti worth every penny. It didn't trick me into thinking it was pasta...it was better! I loved the crunch the zucc kept! Reminded me a little of spaghetti squash.

DH and I ate the whole batch...no leftovers!

I could substitute zucc for all my pasta now. I loved it that much. Already thinking I can make w/ clams/mussels, add mushrooms etc! I threw some white wine in there just for the fun of it.

I don't know what else I will spiral...but I am going to be doing zucc a lot!! On another thread someone posted a recipe site to check out.

Thanks so much Lola!

Honored Contributor

This sounds wonderful. I love shrimp scampi & zucchini - GREAT combo.

Thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

Looks and sounds yummy, thanks for posting the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. Zucchini season is coming.

Esteemed Contributor

Yay, now I get to buy a spiralizer!!! I've wanted one of those for quite some time. If I can get DH to eat vegetables...

(Loved, loved, loved the lemon chicken dish with sumac. OMG! Am making it for a family dinner this weekend.)

Valued Contributor

Bbqjudge... I'm happy you like the Spiralizer. It's so cool. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Can't wait to try it.

RespectLife.... You are most welcome! That's so awesome! I'm thrilled it came out for you and you enjoyed it! It's amazing how I really don't miss pasta anymore. I'll keep my eyes open for more recipes utilizing our new little wonder gadget..lol

Hi Chili... You are so welcome! Enjoy!

Hi Gina... You're welcome! Let me know what you think!

Sfnative... YaY! I'm thrilled you loved the sumac chicken, it's so good. I'm going to try it on the grill soon. I think that may set it over the top! lol

Happy Tuesday,

Respected Contributor

LoLa, this sounds really great. I have been debating if I should buy a spiralizer. Friends of mine actually have spiralizing parties. Just don't know if I want another gadget around. The one from BBB has a lot of negative reviews as to some others that are not too costly. The original one is too expensive to use just 2-3 times/year. Will have to think about it some more and perhaps attend one of these parties. But the recipe sounds delicious.