Honored Contributor

Re: Yummy! Look what I just baked up!

Looks delicious! 

Valued Contributor

They look awesome! I can only imagine the heavenly aroma as they were baking.  Bet they tasted delicious.

I am envious!

Honored Contributor

😋 Yum, yum ! 😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

i'm sitting here looking at your wonderful cinnamon rolls...while eating a piece of cold pizza.....ugh.....

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  I saw your photo and my mouth is watering!

I made some many years ago using my bread machine. It took some work out of it. They recommend using Dental floss  also.

My husband loved to cook so he helped. When I got the dental floss he was amazed that it worked. 

I made them only once and don’t cook any more.

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  I'm picking up @Pook, so we'll be there shortly.  We will knock before entering!  

(Those cinnamon rolls look devine!)

Honored Contributor

Looks yummy!! 

@house_cat 

Honored Contributor

Oh man, my favorite, now I'm going to have to make that, looks scrumptious.

Valued Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

IMG_1339.JPG

Here's the recipe if anyone else is inspired to make some:

The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Ever!

Ingredients
Dough
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons salted butter softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
Filling
  • 1/2 cup salted butter melted
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Glaze
  • 4 ounces cream cheese softened
  • 1/4 cup salted butter softened
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Instructions
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs. Add in flour. Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed.
  • Once the flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to a medium range. Add more flour as necessary so that the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be tacky, but not stick to your hands. It should be soft. Add more or less flour until the dough reaches the desired consistency. The amount of flour you add in bread making is always an approximation and you should go by feel.
  • Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
  • Lightly grease a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and roll into a 12inch by 18inch rectangle.
  • Brush the dough with 1/2 cup melted butter. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter. Roll up tightly lengthwise so you have one long roll. Use plain dental floss or a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 one-inch slices.
  • Place the slices onto a lightly 9x13 pan. Cover and let rise 30 to 45 minutes.
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake the rolls for about 14 minutes, until just kissed with brown on top.
  • While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the cream cheese glaze by using a hand mixer to whip together cream cheese and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whip in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add enough milk to achieve a drizzle-like consistency.
  • Frost the rolls while still warm. Serve immediately or cool and store. Stays good for 4 to 5 days.
Notes
***Some have reported undercooked rolls. Cooking time is dependent on the size of your rolls. You should cook the rolls until they have just a kiss of brown on the top. If they don't have a kiss of brown, they probably aren't done. Cooking time may be upwards of 18-20 minutes.

@house_cat  Look at what you have time to do now that you have 2 cleaning women.  Isn't life wonderful?  I hope all is well with hubby and you are taking good care of him as he does you.  All the best to you both and those cinnamon buns look and smell wonderful. 

Respected Contributor

🤣🤣🤣 this is funny because I’m baking the Rhodes frozen cinnamon rolls as we speak. Ah, there’s my timer now