• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Glaze
  • 4 ounces cream cheese softened
  • 1/4 cup salted butter softened
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Instructions
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs. Add in flour. Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed.
  • Once the flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to a medium range. Add more flour as necessary so that the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be tacky, but not stick to your hands. It should be soft. Add more or less flour until the dough reaches the desired consistency. The amount of flour you add in bread making is always an approximation and you should go by feel.
  • Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
  • Lightly grease a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and roll into a 12inch by 18inch rectangle.
  • Brush the dough with 1/2 cup melted butter. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter. Roll up tightly lengthwise so you have one long roll. Use plain dental floss or a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 one-inch slices.
  • Place the slices onto a lightly 9x13 pan. Cover and let rise 30 to 45 minutes.
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake the rolls for about 14 minutes, until just kissed with brown on top.
  • While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the cream cheese glaze by using a hand mixer to whip together cream cheese and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whip in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add enough milk to achieve a drizzle-like consistency.
  • Frost the rolls while still warm. Serve immediately or cool and store. Stays good for 4 to 5 days.
Notes
***Some have reported undercooked rolls. Cooking time is dependent on the size of your rolls. You should cook the rolls until they have just a kiss of brown on the top. If they don't have a kiss of brown, they probably aren't done. Cooking time may be upwards of 18-20 minutes.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Yummy! Look what I just baked up!

@house_cat  I can almost taste and smell them!!!  They are calling out to me!  Thanks for the recipe.  Good thing I don't know where you live because those are breaking and entering worthy!!

Honored Contributor

@Pook 

No need to break and enter. Just knock!

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

@house_cat 

They look absolutely wonderful.  I have a box of dry yeast in my fridge--just printed the recipe and will be making these this weekend.  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the suburbs of LA. Send some up if you can.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 

Me too!  

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Making homemade cinnamon rolls is way beyond me, but I'm absolutely drooling!

Honored Contributor

Oh wow do those look good!

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  A masterpiece, look so delish !!!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat How lovely!  Stand proud Lovely!!!!!!

Image result for first place ribbon image