Valued Contributor

Tommy Bahama's Pina Colada Cake.

Trusted Contributor

I would love to have my grandma back in my life and have her make me her famous Orange Nut Cake.  She always made it for childhood and later some grown up birthdays of mine.  I have to admit as a child, it wasn't my favorite.  But I grew to really love it when I became an adult.  It was an orange cake with very finely chopped black walnuts baked in it.  She frosted it in a delicious orange buttercream frosting and pressed more of the finely chopped walnuts into the sides of the cake.  She always adorned it with beautiful roses (usually yellow).  I've tried to replicate it, but never do it justice!!

Respected Contributor

Marble cake with chocolate frosting. 

Honored Contributor

I would not make it myself!  No way.  There is a bakery not far from me that has cakes to die for.  So, it would be something from there and it would have to have their butter creme icing!  Or --- another place close by has this carrot cake with cream cheese filling and icing ---- perfection!!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

My Birthday cake is Irish black ginger cake.  If you like gingerbreads this is great.  It's a dense cake so a little goes a long way. no frosting,  just whipped cream and a nice strong cuppa tea.

Apple cake

a really good cinnamon walnut coffee cake.

I'd be a happy camper with any of those.

Respected Contributor

We don't eat a lot of cake but personally a good made from scratch chocolate cake and caramel icing would be my very favorite.  Has to be a scratch cake though.  Box cakes don't cut it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite cake

[ Edited ]

Carrot Cake, with lemon as a runner up.

I like cakes that look simple and rustic.  I am completely turned off by the over-the-top fondant cakes they make on the competition shows. 

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not much of a cake person but I'd go with cheese cake.....but I wouldn't make it myself.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Anything chocolate--love german choc, but I also love my Grams wacky choc  cake and I have a hot milk cake that is really good too.

Trusted Contributor

Strawberry Short cake and NY style Cheesecake.