Trusted Contributor

Costco's All American Chocolate cake. Decadent.

Frequent Contributor

Me too!!!

Honored Contributor

If I dared to eat it. It would be a German Choc cake

Highlighted
Contributor

My favorite cake is German Chocolate Cake.

BUT I like to make mine into cake balls.

OH SO GOOD!!

You need to give it a try.

Esteemed Contributor

Would have to say...carrot cake.  But I would always take ice cream over any flavor cake any time!!!

Respected Contributor

Yellow cake with lemon frosting.

Lots of butter in the frosting.

Frequent Contributor
@Sooner do you have a recipe for Black Forest Cake . Or a place you buy it from?
Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite cake

[ Edited ]

@iQue wrote:
@Soonerdo you have a recipe for Black Forest Cake . Or a place you buy it from?

@iQue No, I just look for a dark dark chocolate cake, and real cherries (NO pie filling!), layers soaked in kirsch simple syrup you make, and REAL whipped cream.

I think the Sift magazine from King Arthur flour had one, seemes like maybe Holiday 2018???  I don't know where it is right now, but you probably could call them and they could tell you!

Just no fake ingredients, cake mix, real kirsch and REAL whipped cream is what I crave!!!  LOL!!!

EDIT:  You can look up a recipe on the King Arthur FLour website but read people's comments how they modified it. I recommend REAL cherries cooked a little with Kirsch added when they are done.  You can make a simple syrup and put Kirsch in it (to taste) to soak the layers.

The Kirsch adds a kick and a depth to the cake that you really need.  It just marries so well with the chocolate.  Preserves or pie filling is ok, but the real deal are spectacular.  I guessyou could mix in some cherries (frozen thawed and cooked and drained maybe) with some really good preserves (Bon Maman Cherry preserves are very good). 

Frequent Contributor
Yes, real ingredients is always best. I had a recipe from Homemade Good News 10 year magazine. Will look for it. It was really good.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach Banana Cake with Dark Chocolate Frosting, like my Grandma made.It can be made easy with a yellow cake mix and banana's.Love, Love, Love It !!! Smiley Happy