Respected Contributor

Re: Your favorite Salmon Recipe

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'm also watching this thread, hoping someone has a good salmon pattie recipe .....  anyone?   Woman Happy

@Tinkrbl44   I grew up in the 50's and 60's when if you were CAtholic you ate fish on Friday. We often had salmon patties. This is how I make them.  I use red sockeye canned salmon. I take out the bones and the black skin. Mix the salmon with an egg and cracker or bread crumbs and sauteed onions and bellpeppers. Form patties and dust with flour. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to one hour. Pan fry in oil and butter until brown on both sides. Serve with ketchup and or lemon. 

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

I keep it simple, just pour some kikoman teriyaki sauce maybe some dill and either pan sear or bake it; serve with rice or a salad.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

I am a seafood lover but salmon is one fish that I find hard to like. To me it is one of the strongest tasting fish to come out of the ocean. And judging from the recipes here it takes a lot of seasoning and doctoring to take the fishy taste away. The only way that I can eat salmon is to rub it with olive oil and coat it in a seasoning that I get at Fresh Market, Chili Lime seasoning. Then we grill it. After grilling I squeeze lemon on the fish. I'll eat it but not my favorite fish.