Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite Salmon Recipe

Salmon burgers and a salmon loaf.  Lots of variations.  

I only buy canned salmon ... eat the "real fish" at restaurants.

Occasional Contributor

Salmon burgers are best!!

Honored Contributor

My salmon order arrived today and I'll be trying it tomorrow, for the first time. I'm a little nervous.  I think, for starters, I'm going to pan fry it and make a lemon-herb butter cream sauce. 🤞

Esteemed Contributor

Eat Salmon two times a week.  Buy fresh and then cover it with garlic, cheese, mushrooms. Cook  in oven. Serve vegetables with it and often potatoes or corn. Sometimes I cover with french fried potato pieces.  

Valued Contributor

Anyone in Florida, you have got to try "Bluehouse salmon" raised in Florida.  It is the best and they put it on sale every couple of weeks.  It is really mild and less fat.  I don't know if they ship it out of Florida yet but it is delicious.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My salmon order arrived today and I'll be trying it tomorrow, for the first time. I'm a little nervous.  I think, for starters, I'm going to pan fry it and make a lemon-herb butter cream sauce. 🤞

I am anything but a fish eater, but I have to say I'm really impressed with the Egg Harbor Faroe Island Salmon.  It didn't smell or taste the least bit fishy the sauce was really good.  I doubt that I'd ever order salmon in a restaurant but I could easily eat this at home everyone once in awhile.   Glad I ordered on A/D!

Valued Contributor

I got this recipe off The Pioneer Woman website. 

1lb salmon filet

seasonings to your liking

place in a cold oven 

turn oven on to 400

set timer for 30 minutes 

bam! That's it. Always turns out great for us

Honored Contributor

I'm also watching this thread, hoping someone has a good salmon pattie recipe .....  anyone?   Woman Happy

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@ceh wrote:

This has been a favorite salmon recipe of mine for years and is nice presented to company.  Salmon with Almond Pesto from the American Heart Assn. I often use pecans instead of almonds because that's what I almost always have in the freezer

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2005/sep/14/almond-pesto-meets-salmon/

Thank you @ceh 

That is a different idea!!

We eat salmon 2 or more times per week...on AD for years now and very pleased with quality of the salmon.

Looking for new ideas!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Go to

skinnytaste.com

and search for:

Salmon Croquettes with Dill Sauce

absolutely yummy!

(last time I posted the link to a recipe on her site, they poofed me!  maybe if she has ads?  I dunno....)