Valued Contributor

Re: Your favorite Salmon Recipe

Honored Contributor

I like salmon and fix it often.  I am going to try some of the recipes here....thank you all....need some variety.  I just had salmon last night.  I put salmon pieces individually on separate pieces of foil.  Sprinkle with seasonings...lemon-pepper, etc.  Top with little butter and splash of white wine.

Make a foil tent-type package and bake 15 minutes at 425.  Clean up ...easy...no mess! 

Honored Contributor

I'll be following this thread. DH likes salmon.  I am not a fish lover at all, but was prompted to buy the TSV, which is totally unlike me to buy tv food.  I know I'm probably going to want a keto friendly sauce to go with it.  

Respected Contributor

Maple Soy Glaze (one pound salmon)

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 TBS soy sauce

1 clove garlic

Pinch each ginger and pepper 

Marinate covered for 30 minutes. Bake 20 minutes at 400.  (I hardly ever marinate it. I just bake it right away.)

----------------------------------------

Salmon Steaks (for 4 steaks)

Blend:

1/3 cup melted butter

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp grated onion

1/4 tsp paprika

Brush on fish and sprinkle with salt. 

Bake 25-30 minutes at 350°.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has been a favorite salmon recipe of mine for years and is nice presented to company.  Salmon with Almond Pesto from the American Heart Assn. I often use pecans instead of almonds because that's what I almost always have in the freezer

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2005/sep/14/almond-pesto-meets-salmon/

Honored Contributor

We have salmon a lot. This one is good:

Salmon Filets over Couscous - by Bobby Deen

Ingredients
Olive oil
4 (4-ounce) pieces salmon
Lime
House Seasoning, recipe follows
Butter
Couscous, recipe follows

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add a drizzle of olive oil to glass pan and place the salmon. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the top of the salmon and sprinkle with the House Seasoning. Top with pads of butter. Wrap in foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve on a bed of couscous.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.

Couscous:
2 1/4 cups water or chicken stock (I use chicken stock)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons butter
10 ounces couscous
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup green onions

Combine water or chicken stock, salt and butter in a saucepan, over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Add diced tomatoes, crumbled feta, and green onions. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Uncover, fluff with a fork, and serve hot or cold.

Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes

Honored Contributor

I coat the top of the salmon with Buitoni basil pesto and bake for about 17 min at 375°.  I make salmon every Monday night and rarely vary from this simple recipe.

We love it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I used to be able to buy a whole salmon for very little $$ back before you needed a bank loan to buy it---Woman Wink I live near Seattle and seafood is always available all year---anyway, with my whole salmon I would put it in foil with onions in rings beneath it as well as fresh whole herbs--dill, parsely, then put the fish on top and then do the same in the cavity and the top , add fresh lemons here and there, more herbs and maybe a splash of white wine, salt and pepper, then cover it with more foil into  fishy package and throw it on the grill, turning once--would take about 30 minutes or so. I let it sit for a bit and then dive in--had such a lovely flavorful juice that we dipped bread into--flesh was pink-ish but not dark pink, in the center and was moist and wonderful---those were the good ole days--Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A very simple and easy method  is to mix about 1 ounce of grainy Dijon mustard with the same amount of (real) maple syrup, pour over the fish,  and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, give or take a little based on thickness of the food.

Many recipes for this same mixture  also call for adding a little soy or teriyaki sauce,  That turns out well, too.

I haven't found that traditional seafood seasonings (Old Bay or Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic) do much for salmon.  I use those with other types of fish and seafood where the flavor comes through more.

Whenever roasting or baking just about anything in the oven--and especiallly when  using maple syrup-- I  always cover a small rimmed sheet pan with foil, to avoid a sticky cleanup nightmare.

Reynolds Nonstick Aluminum Foil can be a godsend for certain foods if they tend to stick inconveniently.

By the way, the Dijon/maple blend is also an excellent marinade and basting sauce for pork tenderloin roasts.  I sprinkle dried rosemary on the basted meat before roasting.   Adding some peeled carrots to the pan and basting them with the Dijon/maple/ rosemary turns out deliciously.

Respected Contributor

There are two ways I enjoy salmon and both of them are very simple.

1. First I drain the oil from the canned salmon and  I make a salad from it like I do with tuna.
  2. I pan fry it (only a bit of oil) and then I put teriyaki sauce on it.